Saturday, June 4, 2011

Graduation Time!!!!

I never thought the day would come that our son would turn 1.

I never thought the day would come that our son would talk.

I never thought the day would come that our son would not cry when I left him.

I never thought the day would come that our son would ride a bike.

I never thought the day would come that our son would prefer his friends to me.

I never certainly thought the day would come that he would head off to kindergarten....

And now he's a first grader.

You see time is slipping away so fast, as it does for all parents. We are so busy raising, training, wishing and thinking, and before you know it all these moments that you feel will never come, have in fact come and gone. My precious son has graduated kindergarten.


First day at Christian Academy. First day at Natcher.
Thursday loads of parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles and whoever else, piled in a gym to watch that one specific child. That child that they all can't believe has reached this occasion. Here's the one we all had our eyes on.

They sang songs, and performed their little hearts out. And here's the little boy who was just a baby, ready to go get his diploma.
This is when my throat tightened, and my eyes welled up.
He was yawning, and I was just wondering how we got here so fast. Hang on tight, cause life goes way too fast.
I was really happy that they gave all the parents a chance to go back to their child's room and take pictures :) Pierce and Miss Hurt.
We were happy to have Neena and Papaw there.
Of course daddy :)
And mommy. Pierce I could not be more proud of you!! I would prefer if you would quit growing up so fast, but I love watching the little man you are becoming. You have such a sweet heart, and I know that God has big plans for you.
We also had another graduation (this one a little more unexpected though) Pierce is still doing his karate and Friday night was his testing.

Pierce channeling his inner Chuck Norris and Hope channeling Madonna circa 1984. ;)
We were waiting for testing to begin and Mr Black came to talk to us, and wanted to let us know that Pierce was ready to move up. He said he was advanced and focused enough that he will be bored in the Little Dragons class ( I think I felt my chest puff up a little bit ;)) Starting next week he'll be with the "big kids" :-)
He had a moment to show us his skills....


He has improved a lot from when he first started.

We went out for dinner and ice cream for a little celebration.
LOVE this picture!! Love how Pierce is smashing his little sister, and his bright blue eyes.
It's been a busy few days, and we are ready for our summer fun to begin!!

6 comments:

Jami said...

I've been waiting for this!! What a handsome big boy. Still seems like he should be 4 years old. Love Hope's outfit and Pierce's big blue eyes!

Susie said...

How exciting and sad at the same time about him graduating Kindergarden. You have to so proud of him and his accomplishment in school and his karate. Love the picture of the two kiddos so cute.

Jaime Mac said...

I choose NOT to focus on the sappy stuff & focus on the funny stuff (shocker...). The Chuck Norris & Madonna pic is cracking.me.up. (You're description was spot on!)

Congrats to Pierce for graduation kindergartedn & moving up to the big time in Karate. When do they teach them to break boards? :) I think that's soooo cool!

Brittany said...

What a big boy! How do they grow so fast?!?!

I love the last picture too:)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

WOW! They grow up fast! Loved reading about Karate. We are thinking about putting Sam in it in the fall.

Jill said...

This made me cry! {At least now that I'm preggo I have a good excuse! ☺} Beautiful, little post! : )