Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Night and Day.

I love watching my kids grow up. As much as I complain about it, because it's going too fast, I do love it. I always find myself day dreaming about what they'll be like as teens or young adults, how will they adapt throughout life, what will their challenges and strengths be....I could go on and on, but I'll spare all that.

One thing I can say for sure, is these two are as different as night and day. I am always praying for wisdom on how to train each one and adapt to their differences. After I had Pierce and knew Hope was on her way, I thought she would be just.like.him. Guess my mind doesn't think too much out of the box, and I assume if I had 12 kids, they would all be different.





Pierce Matthew....

Shy in new situations and slow to warm up. Usually sticks with one or two friends and seems more loyal to those in particular. Very tender hearted, and sensitive to others feelings.

A perfectionist and doesn't settle for less. Gets frustrated with things don't go as he sees they should, but usually sees it through. A rule follower and people pleaser.
Naturally athletic and artistic, and a funny boy. He's a joy!


Hope Elizabeth....

Not a shy bone in her body. In new situations with new people, just marches right in the middle and makes herself fit. Always interested in friends, and lots of them. Will do anything for a laugh.
Doesn't like to think she's hurt any one's feelings, and hates it if she's thinks her mommy or daddy are angry with her. Also, has a tough side to her, that can be very matter of fact and seems to want to take on the world.
A go getter, and a natural light!! She's a joy!!!
I couldn't love them or their differences more :-)

9 comments:

Susie said...

Love how each kids are different. You wouldn't want them the same. It makes life interesting.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

love this post!! it's so true! even my two boys, being the same sex, are very different. I can't wait to see how this gal of mine fits!

Brittany said...

My two are night and day also! Isn't it interesting to see their personalities...wonder what #3 would be like???? Just wondering - not planning - ha!

Jami said...

Love it! I'm pretty sure my two are going to be night and
day as well. Cant wait to see how they grow.

Tracey said...

LOVE.
Remember when I was preggo and you would tell me that Mags was probably gonna be laid back and and calm...the opposite of Levi? You lied. ;)

Arthur Family said...

Sweet post! Kids are amazing in how they look at the world.

Jaime Mac said...

Sweet post, Ginmommy. That Pierce is becoming quite the handsome guy! ;)

Jill said...

Beautiful post. Love the close-up pics and how you can see their little personalities even in the pics. Your kids are gorgeous!

Martha said...

Hello - just clicked over to your blog from Grass Stains. This was such a wonderful post. I'm always amazed at how my three children are so different -- and how they need different things from us. Parenting is always an adventure that's for sure.