Sunday, June 19, 2011

Just back from the land that flows with milk and honey....

Okay, so maybe I exaggerate a little. Maybe Indiana isn't exactly paradise, but it's not far from it ;) On Thursday we loaded up the family van (minus Rico) and headed up for a friend/family/eat 65,000 calorie a day visit. With all the visitors, and little trips we're having summer is fly-ing by!! Let's all figure out how to make it slow down please....

So, here's a recap of the visit....


Girlie time. Always a must!!
SUSHI!!! Woot!!! No place has better sushi than Kansai, and I had the pleasure of not going once, but twice to stuff my face. Consider this my own PSA....if you have not had sushi (Tracey) or are to chicken to try sushi (Tracey) then your life is not complete. Trust me on this one. Oh, and I've decided to eat it weekly.
More friend time!! So happy to have a chance to see a high school friend. Lyndsay and I used to rock the 'dance routines' together, we used to live by each other, and share lots of memories. She's great :)
I got to see Jami, and her BEAUTIFUL new house (excuse the blurry photo, 6 year old in training) We actually had the opportunity to see each other twice!! Woot!!
:-)
The kids were super happy to see their friends and have lots of play time together!
Pierce showing Cooper how to break the rules.
Weeeee!!!
So fun!!! :-)
And the kids were beyond happy to see their cousins. Let me tell you, they A-DORE them, the boys are older and cool and still play with Pierce and Hope. It's the best!! This was a fun lunch at Buckhead's, on such a beautiful day :)
Cody (one in red shirt) is about to get his permit. It's ridiculous that he's that old now. RIDICULOUS I say!!
I captured many sweet moments this weekend. Just look at the love.
Sweetness that Nathan who is a cool 12 year old boy, spends the days playing little kid games (he does keep cell phone handy, as you can see ;))

Second trip to Kansai, this time with aunt Jo-Jo, and Neena and Papaw.

More sweet moments....
Dad watching Beauty and the Beast with the kids :-)
Happy that I was able to spend time with my dad on Father's Day.
As much as we enjoyed our visit to paradise, we were HAPPY to get home and see daddy and celebrate Father's Day together :-)
Now we are counting down the hours/minutes/seconds for Memmaw and Grandpa to arrive!!!

6 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

As always, looks like you had a fun visit!
(Tracey-do not let her sway you. I have never eaten sushi & I am scared too. It's fish...that's raw... Gag! Us sane chicks gotta stick together...)

ginmommy said...

Tsk....Tsk.....Tsk, Jaime Mac, not all sushi is raw, and not all sushi even is seafood. Some of it is deep fried, and just has things like cucumber and cream cheese etc.....When you too chickens are ready to put your big girl pants on and try it, let me know ;)

Jami said...

So glad I got to see you twice!!!!! Glad you had a good time.
Btw- I tried sushi once in Disney World, we
had a California Roll, pretty good!

Susie said...

I went to Kansi this weekend too. I don't know about the sushi though. Good to see that you enjoyed yourself this weekend.

Jill said...

1. Sushi is AWESOME!! :) Kansai is good. There is a place on Frankfort that's pretty good stuff, too!
2. I used to teach with Lyndsay.
3. Looks like you had a great weekend.
4. And I would agree that Indiana is pretty close to paradise. ;)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

My niece and nephew are the same way. They will play with my boys but the cell phone HAS to be close!! ha ha!! Looks like a great trip!!