Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tellin' fish stories.

The 'no girls allowed, stinky fish and stinky boy trip' has come to a close, and it was a HUGE success. Pierce had a great time, and is chomping to go back, I'm so glad he got to go do this with his dad and grandpa. I was also glad to hear him say, "maybe the next time we go, mommy and Hope can go with us?" He warms my heart ;)



I am telling this from a second hand account, so I can't take as many liberties with my story tellin' You know my fish stories would me greatly embellished ;)....All of these pictures are from Paul's cell phone, he was sweet to take a lot of pics for me. A view of the lake from their little house they stayed at.

I think I may have added this one on an earlier post, but I think it's too sweet. Pierce and Grandpa sharing a moment, man to man.They grilled out, and had a nutritionally deplete meal of hot dogs, chips and junk.
This was also where they stayed, how cute is this??

Pierce running around in the rain :-)On the morning of the fishing trip they got up at 5:00 in the morning, to head out. They caught 9 total fish, but could only keep three. Here's one of grandpas :-)
Little skipper. :-)
Pierce caught 3!!!

Notice the chocolate all over the teeth? Paul said Pierce would randomly grab an Oreo and say "Hey, it's boy time, I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want, even when it's dark outside!!" HA!! Nothing like breaking the rules to make it a good time :-)

Here they are!! The 3 fish they brought back, and they are good eatin'!

First he was able to drive the boat with daddy....
Then all by his self!! BIG STUFF!!
He conked out and slept the 2 hour trip back.
When he walked through the door he chest kind of 'puffed up' and he was SO proud of his self. Gone away, and had a big time with just the boys. I'm so glad he got to go do this, these are the memories that will last a lifetime.

4 comments:

Jami said...

Looks like a great time! I bet Pierce loved it.

Jaime Mac said...

Ahhh glad the men folk had a good time bonding & doing manly things! (story telling is a specialty of yours...you should be proud of that!)

Susie said...

Great memories for Pierce!!

Jill said...

These kind of things make for the best memories. Good job to Paul on the pics, too! ;)