Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Filling our days.....

With less than a week until school begins, I've been trying my darnedest to be mother of the year. (since my children are watching a movie, and I'm ignoring them by updating my blog, I'm sure that I won't be getting that coveted award) Alas, in my attempts to end the summer with lots o' fun, we've been busy.


Let's take a look see, shall we??


Yesterday I was invited to a park with these water fountain things.....
Really fun!! Pierce took right to it, and was giving me a thumbs approval! Score one for mommy!!

Success with child #1.
Fail with child #2.

Can't you see the fear and trepidation on her face? She wanted to get in there, but those suckers put out some serious water, and I could NOT coax her in.

Poor baby wanted so badly to join the fun.We would make some progress...
Then she would say "I'm too scared" and settle for just walking in the puddles of water. And considering it was 896045 degrees outside, and we were standing in the blazing sun, I just hoped she would take the plunge.
Finally......success with child #2, and then the fun was on!!!
HA!!

After her long warm up, she sure as heck didn't want to leave!

Luckily Karen invited us to go swimming with them. I didn't take any pictures in that pool because it was wall to wall with children and I was too busy making sure that I didn't lose an offspring.

Pierce and Jax having a snack break. This is Pierce's first real buddy here, makes me happy :-)
Hope and Ansley.
After a full day in the sun, we headed home to crash!! Fun times were had!!

Today we had other plans, but they fell through. Jo and I talked about meeting up somewhere halfway for sushi, but I didn't have the time today :( So, I decided that I would take a leap of faith and try and find this little place that I have been told about. Considering how directionally challenged I am, this is like a roll of the dice.

Found it. Score another one for mommy! Man, I am on a roll!!!
Chaney's serves soup/sandwich's and the like, also homemade ice cream!! Yum!! Kids threw down their food so we could go out and play.
I've seen these slides elsewhere, but I've never been down one, and I acted like I was just there to take pictures of the kids. But it was all a cover.....
Cause I wanted to try it. :-)
Lots of cute, fun things to try out!



And if it wasn't for the heat, we could have stayed much longer, but once the kids looked like this we had to call it a day.
All of these fun decisions to make is starting to wear me out ;) Luckily tomorrow, we have a special visitor coming!! :-)

8 comments:

the lewis gang said...

darbi is kind of like hope in that it takes her a bit to warm up to things sometimes. jackson is a party animal and she likes to follow his lead so that gets her going usually. that place looks a lot like huber's. fun times!! i think i just may know who your visitor is...have fun!!

Susie said...

Cute pictures!! Looks like fun was had by all. Love the last picture of Hope!!

Jami said...

Can I just say again how much I love your camera? That place looks fun. Can't wait to hear all about this special visitor :) I wonder if she has her DVD player all charged up and ready to go, and 4000 calories worth of snacks packed yet?

Tracey said...

Ahh, glad it ended up being a good day!!! :) Um, hilarious pic of you in the slide!

Brittany said...

Man, I hate that I missed the splash park:( We've never been - look like FUN!!!

And Chaney's - isn't it great - and sooo yummy!

LOVE you and the slide - made my night!!! too funny girl!

Jaime Mac said...

Your camera does do a good job! Plus it looks to me like you have a good eye for great pics! ;)
Love all the pics in the water. Hope is so funny!

Arthur Family said...

You get mom of the year! What fun!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

1. Hope cracks me up!!!

2. Love the one of you on the slide!!

3. What fun activities! I think that classifies you for Mother of the Year! :)