Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mommy has been a duck earning machine.

Who remembers selling stuff in school? I remember selling bells door to door, that was fun. Oh, and every year to play sports, we had to sell oranges. If I remember right, my dad would just pay the fee, instead of making us sell oranges. I mean who really wants to buy bulk oranges?

Well, it has begun for me. Pierce came home with one of those catalogs that has wrapping paper, and chocolate turtles, and bath salts, you know the kind? I kind of put it of to the side, thinking I'll get to it later. The school being the geniuses that they are, has incentives for number of items sold, and giving out names for magazines sales (please don't curse me when you get one in the mail) The incentive for stuff sold? Ducks. Uh hugh, ducks. Not real life ducks, but these little plastic ducks. Guess who wants these ducks? A certain 6 year old boy, has been wearing.me.out. for these ducks. So, guess who has been all about earning those ding dang ducks? That would be me.



And as of today, he has earned them all.
It kind of feels like Chuck E Cheese to me. You pay 675 dollars to earn a spider ring. Except this time at least the money goes to my son's school and not a giant mouse. Oh, and one of those ducks is supposed to be Justin Beiber?? Pierce said to me today, "momma, I earned a Justin Beaver duck."
For him, I will sell bath salts all day long.
Also, he earned a pin for being the best listener in P.E. Proud!!!
One more thing. Hope had been saving her allowance, and decided she was ready to spend it. Check out her nails.
Can I get a shout out to Lee Press On Nails!! My daughter knows how to keep it classy.
Because she learned from the best.

7 comments:

Susie said...

Such a great mom!! I always hated when the kids brought home things they had to sale too!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

HILARIOUS!!! We are getting into the same things!

Jami said...

way to go mom! Those ducks are kind of cool, at least to a 6 year old.

the lewis gang said...

ducks? i've never heard of such a crazy incentive! that's hilarious!

Jill said...

It is CRAZY what kids work for! Way to go, girl! You have such a great sense of humor and I ♥ your last pic! :)

Jaime Mac said...

Ah yes, the dreaded fundraisers... dum dum duuuuummmmmm...

You are so funny! Don't you love how silly little ducks get your kids excited? But it's a conspiracy...they KNOW you will do anything for your kids... and they KNOW the kids will want the ducks. Sigh. It's a vicious circle...
(But I DO love me some turtle candies....mmmmm....) :)

Jaime Mac said...

OH I FORGOT! I.LOVE.HOPE'S.NAILS! She's so funny!