Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend.

On Friday, Paul left for some man time, at the Red River Gorge. He takes these backpacking trips about 3 times per year, and he LOVES it. This is what I would consider legit roughing it. Heck, my idea of roughing it, is if the ice machine is out of ice at the hotel, so maybe it's more like my idea of hades. Have I ever mentioned we are complete opposites? I digress. You want to know what I did Friday night? I put the kids to bed, and got wrapped up in a murder/mystery show. Why? Why do I do dumb things like that, when my husband leaves? I spend half the night, thinking someone was using a high tech glass cuter, to secretly get in my room. Ugh.



Paul told me I had to blog about his trip. Not exactly sure how I will manage to blog about this when I wasn't there.

Here's my best shot honey.

Two of Paul's bestest friends, Josh and Matt. Or should I use their trail names? Josh=black widow. Matt=Boone. Paul=Blade.

Have I ever mentioned we are complete opposites? Oh, I have?
Forging ahead, the manly man that he is.
I have to admit this is very pretty! He said this was at sunrise.
Blade being all Daniel Boonish.
I do love my man, and all his oppositness. I know that's not a real word, but you know what I mean.
On Saturday while my man was being a pioneer. I took the kids to two birthday parties. Kids had fun, and I ate lots of cake. That's a win, win!!

I did not know that birthday party #1 would have a pool, therefore I brought no swim gear. Hope had to put on BOY clothes. She was pretty embarrassed about that, but it was worth it to swim for all of TEN minutes. Geesh.
I've got to say, I am blessed that my children are so well behaved. Sure, they have their moments, but after party #2, I need to say I am blessed. I'll leave it at that. :)
Blade returned Saturday night and there was much rejoicing. Kids are always excited to see their daddy, and I didn't have to worry about rouge glass cutting evil people all night.

Check this out. During church Paul noticed this. 10 years ago today, Paul gave me this Bible! We had been dating for one month, and I'm guessing that he thought I needed to read up. ;)
We've spent a lot of time skyping with our family today. Skype is the best when you live away!! We were able to wish Sarah a happy birthday face to face, and see all the new cats!! :)
Kids have been playing in a 'tent' most of the day.
And I'm praying that New England wins so 'blade' ends the weekend in a good mood.
Happy Weekend!!

8 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds like a relaxing weekend for all!!

Pam said...

Great pics and comments. We always get entertained with your blogs. Keep up the good work.

Jaime Mac said...

You're so funny. Yea-that backpacking crap is for the birds. But I'm glad Rico, er I mean blade had a good time. (if that's possible in the wilderness...)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

i was waiting for this "weekend" post! thanks for not letting me down!!

Jami said...

I thought his name was Ice?

ginmommy said...

Jami, he has so many nicknames it's ridiculous. ICE is not his nickname for trail though. It may have been at one time, who knows?!

Jill said...

I love your weekend posts. And I do love Red River Gorge in the fall. . .it's "gorge"-ous. Haha! {That's all you see on the signs down there!} I could not rough it like that though. Definitely not. :)

Tracey said...

I WOULD LOVE TO BE A FLY ON THE TENT WHEN PAUL, MATT AND JOSH ARE CAMPING!!! ;) HILARIOUS THAT HOPE HAD TO WEAR LITTLE BOY CLOTHES. POOR THING! I NEVER DID SEE IF THE PATS WON BUT I THINK IT IS HILARIOUS THAT YOU TOLD ME THEY SHOULD MAKE TOM PLAY WITHOUT HIS HELMET. <3