Friday, September 16, 2011

My absolute favorite.

Last night, not sure when, maybe 3 a.m., I heard a little voice, "momma, can I sleep wif you, I had a bad Star Wars dream." It was my little Hopie.

On average, I would say Pierce comes into our room 5 nights a week. Oh yeah, 5 nights a week. I know, I know, that's just bad parenting. He was my first, and I broke all the sleeping rules with him, and almost 7 years later, I still pay for it. He always gets sent back, unless he's sick, or if daddy just happens to be out of town, then I let him come on in.

Then I had Hope. I went hardcore with her. She was sleeping in her bed, by golly. I was determined not to go down that road again! It worked too! She's been a much better sleeper than her brother. Almost always stays in her bed, sleeps in later, all those things a momma dreams of!



Since last night was a rare treat, I decided to document the heck out of it. For a few reasons. 1) Who can resist a sleeping child? 2) I am obnoxious, and take pride in that. 3) My absolute favorite time with my kids, is when they first wake up.
Seriously, it was killing me to wake her up. She was out cold. So, why not wake her up, with a flash to the eyes? That wouldn't be annoying or anything.
The incessant flash was making her stir.
Can you imagine if I did this when she's say, 14?? I'm sure my camera would be flung across the room.
But she's not 14, she's 4, and just sweet as punch when she wakes up.
Messy hair, sleepy eyes, and eager to be held.
I treasure these moments.

8 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

morning cuddles are my FAVORITE time of the day too!!! LOVE IT!!! I love that you are obnoxious!!! I am too and it's great!

Jami said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!! Seriously though, how in the world do you have time to do make up before the kids get up?

Susie said...

That was the sweetest post!! I just love a sleeping child too!!

Tracey said...

Ahhh Hopie!!!! That was precious.

the lewis gang said...

that is so sweet! and yes, the camera would be flung across the room...ha! although i have to admit. i've been a hard core momma with all 3. this chick needs her sleep and i have never slept with my kids. i've laid down with them and cuddled (i do LOVE that!!!) but i am selfish as they come and need them out when it's time to sleep!

the lewis gang said...

i do love a sleeping child too...just in their own bed! :)

Jaime Mac said...

You make me laugh! Love the pic of hope rubbing her eyes & her hair is all messy. UHM-miss Tyra is NOT gonna be happy when she sees you put that on the Internet for the world to see. ;)

Brittany said...

awwww, love