Thursday, September 29, 2011

I've got several things to share.

Our week, starting with Wednesday had some exciting things planned. A birthday get together for a 10 year old on Wednesday, Hope's very first field trip on Thursday, and me heading out of town for some BFF time on Friday. Shaping up to sounds like a fun week, right?

Let's start on Wednesday. After Jazzercise, Liz and I took Hope and Lily Grace to Jackson's Orchard. Really cute place!
Reminded me a lot of Huber's, minus a restaurant.

After a rough start (Hope punching Lily) these two have become really good buddies.


The whole reason for this get together was to celebrate Liz's 10th 27th birthday.
Of course the girls benefited from this child's party.

And so did I!! Tried my first ever apple cider slushy!
And ate my first caramel apple of the season. Can anyone say, 10 pound holiday weight gain? I particularly like Liz's horrified face. Is she impressed at my big mouth or disgusted?
Liz is a blogger too, only she does it for a news station and actually gets paid for it! Thanks Liz for showing me Jackson's Orchard, and a fun day!!


Wednesday night I tucked the kids in bed, and Hope and I were pretty darn excited about the field trip on Thursday!

Insert 2 a.m.

I hear a cough in my dream, and then I hear "mom, my stomach hurts" dream quickly turns to reality, and I'm yelling, "run to the bathroom!!" I followed the shadow in the bathroom and turned on the light, and there was puke every.where. Pierce had thrown up on the floor, the walls, the sink, his self, BLECH. Poor little guy. This began an all night experience of getting sick off and on. Of course I felt awful for him, but I also kept thinking about how upset Hope was going to be when I had to tell her she wouldn't be able to go on her field trip.

Insert super Paul.

He originally said he wouldn't be able to take Hope, it was an office day, and he had a doctor's appointment, it just wouldn't work out. :( Phone rings at 7:30 a.m., Paul says "have Hope ready by 9, I'm going to take her." SUPER DADDY TO THE RESCUE!!!

Me and sickie have hung out all morning long, and thankfully he hasn't been sick since about 6 this morning.
In the meantime, Paul was filling my role. I was bummed I couldn't go, but not near as bummed if I would have had to tell Hope she didn't get to go!

I get a text from Paul, "there are 20 women here and 3 dudes." HA!!! I know he just loved that.
I asked Hope when she got home, what did they do with the cow? "They milked their thingies."
Uh, cute.
She also said, her favorite thing was spending time with Mya.
Paul said they saw each other from across the field and ran to each other like a movie.

So thankful that Paul took Hope today!! :)))
And now we wait. Will Paul, Hope or I get the pukes? Will I get to go spend time with my BFF this weekend? Stay tuned.....

11 comments:

Brittany said...

LOVE it:))

I KNEW you would post about Chaneys before me!!! ha! At my rate, it will be January before I get caught up to September!

Love that he took so many pictures - GO PAUL!

Love Liz's face in that picture - priceless!??!! WHat is her blog address??!?

ginmommy said...

Brittany, her blog is www.momseveryday.com/sothcentalkentucky/lizfogle

My blog wont link it up though.

Susie said...

Hope Pierce is feeling better!! Glad to see that Hope enjoyed herself with her daddy!!

Liz said...

So...I didn't give you the right blog link.

www.momseveryday.com/southcentralkentucky/momtomom/lizfogle

Jill said...

Love all your pics and the caramel apple pic is too much! :)

What a sweet hubby! Hope Pierce is feeling better soon and noone else gets the sickies.

Jami said...

Hope looks so happy in those pictures. What a great dad. So sorry about Pierce, hope you get some girly time.

the lewis gang said...

her face with you eating the caramel apple is priceless! she even stopped talking on the phone to check it out! ha! hands down...caramel apple is THE PICK of the fall season! LOVE THEM!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I love the one of her watching you eat the caramel apple! She was probably thinking that it was raw talent that you were doing it AND taking a picture!! :)

Tracey said...

Love the pic where Liz looks totally disgusted!!

**Sigh** I still have my fannie pack laid out in case we get to shop!!!!

Jaime Mac said...

You are so funny! Another great post! You took some great pics & so did Rico. Good man...

UHM here's hoping that none of you get the pukes. Yuck.

(Just a hint-perhaps you should get to know someone a little better before you go all 'eat the apple like a warrior WHILST taking a pic of yourself'? Just sayin'... :)

Brittany said...

can't wait to see your "stay tuned " post about that devilish virus!! :((