Monday, October 28, 2013

I expect a stripper pole

Have you ever known someone that laughs with their entire being?



Someone that is so full of life you can hear them from ANYWHERE in the building?



This describes my friend, and boss, Nicole.



And Friday was her big 40th birthday.



The day was loud, fun, and at times slightly bizarre.


 Full of the typical, you be old jokes..



But the highlight of the day?



A stripper pole.



 I lost track of how many times I heard on Friday, "HEY, HAVE YOU SEEN MY STRIPPER POLE?"



And the all black was on purpose, I'm not attempting to channel my inner angst-ridden soul.



So, it was a fun work day full of old men and a stripper pole.

BUT.

The party didn't stop there....



Her husband planned a surprise party that night.

Unfortunately I missed the big surprised-face-moment, but just imagine above pictures and replace that face here.



I got to thinking that night, the downside to doing all this fun stuff on your 40th birthday is it takes a full two days to recover. You know, because old.



Nicole is a loved person.



And I'm watching her take the 40th lead, since I follow closely behind.



And now I fully expect a stripper pole.


5 comments:

Susie said...

That is to funny!!

Jaime Mac said...

How fun! I like Nicole! She looks spunky!

Lynne and Nick said...

HYSTERICAL!! Too funny!

Jami said...

You still have another year, stop making yourself older! :)

Tracey said...

That's awesome! She seems like a lot of fun :)