Sunday, October 2, 2011

I was supposed to be Tracey's Stacy.

Tracey and I have been planning this weekend for months. Literally months! She's been saving her hard earned kid watching money, and had big plans to shop, shop, shop.

And I was going to be Tracey's Stacy. You know from What Not To Wear?
Pierce was doing better by Friday, and no one else had any symptoms, so I headed on up for our very well planned out weekend. On the agenda for Friday was sushi, which Tracey assured me she would try. But when it came down to it, she wimped out, again. You would have thought it was Fear Factor, and I was asking her to eat snakes brains.
We managed a little shopping on Friday night, and I got myself yet another pair of sunglasses. Pair 67866734 for this year alone.
However, the really big shopping day was to be on Saturday. We would get up bright and early, and head out!! Woot!!!

Does anyone see where this is going?

I woke up at 5 a.m. Saturday morning, feeling VERY nauseous. I laid in that bed for an hour and a half, trying to convince myself that it was all in my head. I AM NOT SICK. I said that to myself over and over again. I finally came out of the room at 7 or so, and Tracey was sitting in the living room with the kids. I just looked at her and said "I feel sick" I soooo did not want to break that to her. I sat on the couch for as long as I could, and then it happened. I couldn't lie to myself anymore, I was sick.

I felt bad, literally and then felt bad for Tracey. I knew how long she had been planning on this shopping trip, and I just was sick over the fact that I was messing it all up.

I texted Paul, and told him, and he told me how sorry he was, and asked what I would do. At that point I wasn't sure, I thought maybe I could just suck it up and go anyways. Only about 10 minutes later Paul texts me back "can I wash our comforter on our bed?" Uh, exsqueeze me? Paul wanting to wash?? Something had to be wrong. I said "No, why, what happened?" "Hope threw up all night long."

Well, that was it. I had to go home. I was sick, Hope sick, and now I had the fun 2 hour drive to make back. Lovely. So our supposed to be fun filled weekend has turned into this, Hope and I laying around, being all pitiful. 3 out of 4 Bush's sick, and yet somehow Paul has still avoided it! I hope it stays that way!! It's MISERABLE.
THANKFULLY, Tracey's mom stepped up and filled my shoes yesterday. I was so happy for that!! Tracey did get to spend her money, after all. However, it turns out that Maggie is sick too, not with what I had, but something else, so I guess it was for the best I had to leave :(


Next time Tracey, I will be your Stacy.

6 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

OH NO!! That really stinks!!! I hate that! I hope you guys feel better soon!!!

Jami said...

You and Hope look pitiful! This really stinks, especially since the agenda was shopping. How horrific!

Susie said...

That stinks!! I hope you both getting feeling better soon!!

Tracey said...

1. Awesome that you ralphed your $17 meal!!! {Sarcasm}

2. Love your glasses and that you wore them outside in the dark because you looked HAWT.

3. This just means that we get to do a week long trip in Jan, right????

4. It's a good thing we love our kids, cuz........blah.

Jaime Mac said...

You poor girls! (hope, Tracey & you!). Sorry your weekend got ruined. :(. (uhm Tracey & I are on the same wavelength. I called you hawt on her post before I read her comment here. Scary, :))

Jill said...

Poor girl! Love your retelling though! You make me laugh! Hope everyone is feeling better!