Monday, March 8, 2010

....And there was much rejoicing

What is the outdoors?? What is fun at the playground?? Those are just some of the things we seem to have forgotten over these looooong, cold winter months. And even though I feel as I'm cheating on Christmas when I long for Spring, I realize that it's time move on.


So, when I uttered the words "who wants to go to the playground today??"



There was much rejoicing...
Rejoicing stopped for a moment. No proper girl goes to the park without her lip gloss. I mean come on!!

We couldn't get there fast enough...


Even running with a purse to the park. Don't we all do that??




Oh my, the kids we're feeling things they had forgotten.



PURE JOY from a swing.





There was even some extreme sports going on...





And what day of rejoicing would be complete without some kite flying??



A Barbie kite no less....

It really was a glorious weekend and we are ready for more days of rejoicing.

4 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

UHM-NO self respecting young lady can go out w/out lip gloss. Looks like you're raisin' her right.

BARBIE KITE?! Be still my heart. I heart Barbie...

Tracey said...

Those are cute pics!! I love Hope running to the playground with her "pink" purse! And of course, her lipgloss comes before all other things!!
It was SO nice to be outside....ahhh Spring.... :)

Arthur Family said...

Barbie..we have a Barbie infatuation now. Apparently the Care Bear kite from last year is not good enough for this year is what was said in our house. Little girls...

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

that is hilarious!! lip gloss and purse at the playground....such a foreign concept to me! :)