Sunday, March 28, 2010

Yes, I compare my kids...

Have you ever noticed that many times parents say "Oh, I never compare my kids"???

Well I do.

Hear me out......I compare where each of their strengths are, and who develops which strength when. I do not compare in the fact, that either one is better than the other. They each will excel in their own areas at different rates. So, with that said, my little girl has taken to writing much sooner than her brother did, not because she is smarter or better, it's just an area she's takin' a shinin' to....


So, before the age of 3, Hope can write her name :)

7 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

thats good!! how old is she??

ginmommy said...

Alicia, she will be 3 on April 16. She's known how to do each of the individual letters for a while now, but finally figured out how to get them in a "row" to spell out her name ;)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

that's great! sam has known his letters, sounds, colors, shapes....yadda, yadda, yadda for a couple of years but was never really interested in writing. he has just started wanting to write his name in the last 6 months or so. he was 4 in january. i think it's neat what do and at different times! great job, hope!

ginmommy said...

Thanks Alicia!! Yeah, Pierce didn't write his name until right before he was 4, but that's okay!! He's also got a lot more sports skills than his sister ;) I agree, it's fun to see how they all develop and when they are ready to tackle the big things, like reading and writing :)

Jill said...

Way to go, Hope! : )

Tracey said...

Way to go Hopie!!!!!!!!!! :) Woo hoo!

melanie said...

Wow! How amazing! Potty training and writing her name. Is she going to be the first female president!