Sunday, March 7, 2010

Another question....

This question came after I had done my answers, but I didn't want to leave you out!!

From Amanda:

So, I am a total stalker. You totally do not know me, but a couple of blogs that I follows, have you as someone they follow, so I read yours sometimes. How did you come to know Jesus and where are you in your relationship?

Hi there Amanda!!! Glad I have some unknown stalkers, I totally stalk blogs as well....

I turned my life over to Christ on April 9, 2001. I grew up in a Christian home and church, but it did not become my own personal walk until my late 20's....My walk with the Lord has definitely changed over the years!! I have a serious problem with "religious" people and my prayer is that I never become one of those types. So many church types, sit in their pews, getting what they need, never giving to others, and then using what they learn to beat others up with it. My walk is trying to learn how to give to others, even when I think I deserve more, using the ultimate example of Jesus who all for loves sake become poor, disregarded, lonely, and ultimately died, for me ( and all) who did not love Him as should....I am a selfish creature to the core, but my hope lies in Christ that He will continue to transform me until the day my heart stops beating.

4 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

Awww... very nice. I must say I totally agree w/ you on the 'religious' types. I can't stand ppl who say they are 'religious' & they try to shove their religion down your throat & judge you & then they don't 'practice what they preach'. Good for you! I think each person has their own relationship w/ God & he knows their hearts. :)

Amanda Brady said...

Very cool. Thanks for answering one from the stalker! I don't like religious people either (am I allowed to say that since I work at a church????) Thanks for letting me know a little about your life! I have prayed for you and your family from your posts.

Tracey said...

Ok, I thought of two questions. I know they are late...

If you had to choose between mascara and lipstick, which would you choose? ;)

If you had another child, would you want a boy or a girl?

Jami said...

Good answer, I like the religous comment as well, I feel the same about "spiritual" people. I mean come on, Oprah is spiritual.
ohh--good question Tracey, that is a tough one.