Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rather Be Shopping, right?!?!?

So, what were some of the posts I promised you????

1) I had BIG plans to tell you all about our Easter shopping adventures. BIG plans to go with my mom and my nephews, and well, what is the name of my blog??? "RATHER BE SHOPPING" So shopping is near and dear to me, anything that revolves around shopping, makes my heart beat a little faster, makes me sweat in places that I normally don't.....

The plan was to head out on Tuesday morning....Monday night, I hear those screams that a mom knows all too well. "MOMMY I'M SICK" Hope started to throw up early Tuesday morning, so our plans to go shopping were all but a dream. Both the kids knew that we were going to have fun on Tuesday with their favorite cousins, so breaking this to them would be hard....After some thought and discussion with my mom, I decided to let Pierce go and, and the most important thing??? I told my mom "You pick out the Easter clothes for the kids, I trust you" I do trust my mom, but this is like handing over my right to breathe. I would have no say in the Easter outfits....

I had a HEARTBROKEN little girl on my hands as they all drove away to shop and have fun. "Mommy I want to go, why can't I go" I kind of felt like crying the same thing, but I had to be the adult and keep this ship a float.....



So, what's a mommy to do???



First, let her baby girl sleep in her bed. For some reason it makes a child happy to sleep in mommy and daddy's bed. So POOF, I let it be. Then when I saw her looking out and the window, and crying for her brother, I said "what do you want to do, your wish is my command"


So, she was Cinderella...


And I was a mean stepsister....


Then we attempted a puzzle. I am HORRIBLE at puzzles, but good thing is she is 2 and I could fool her into thinking it was done.




Eventually I worked up some smiles.

Mom, returned with clothes (adorable, and will save the reveal for the Easter pics) and my boy. All was well in the world, or so we thought.....The throwing up had stopped, but the fevers got worse and then a rash. Weird stuff. So, I called the doc and we went in......"Hope has step throat and Scarlet fever"....."WHAT, SCARLET FEVER??" I immediately had thoughts of Little House on the Prairie and covered wagons!! I mean who gets Scarlet Fever these days?? Doc says, "if she was my daughter I'd give her a penicillin shot now, we need to treat this aggressively. This is painful, she'll never forget it or forgive me" Well, what does any good mom do?? She gets on the horn and calls daddy-o to come save the day. Cause this mommy hates to see her babies get shots, or have to hold them down. I get an F in that department. Daddy came, and after lots and lots of tears, the trauma was over...So, now we wait. Will is spread like "wildfire" as predicted or will this be the end??



My babes right before the big-bad shot....



So, hopefully, and prayerfully, we will all stay sane and healthy.....Life with children may never go as planned, but they are worth every detour in the plans. Yes, even the detours in shopping plans.



7 comments:

Jill said...

Gretchen, you are hilarious and such a good mommy!
Hoping Miss Hope feels better soon!

Jaime Mac said...

Poor little cute Hope! Hope she's feeling better soon.
And you as the step sister? Hilarious! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

awww! i hope she feels better soon! don't know if i could pass that shopping thing off though! i love that job! :)

Jami said...

What a great momma to put off shopping.
Hope she feels better soon.

Tracey said...

GREAT step sister impression!! :)

I think it's funny that Paul had to come be the big man on campus and do the "shot" duty!! What a good Daddy!!

Arthur Family said...

Great bad stepsister pic! I have say that Paul is a good man...

melanie said...

The step sister should definentally by your profile pic.
Oh my goodness! Scarlet fever! Good thing you took her in to the doctor.