Sunday, May 22, 2011

'Dreaming of Summer'



I'm dreaming of warm sandy beaches.
I'm dreaming of days by the pool.
I'm dreaming of fun in the afternoon,
and week after week of no school.I'm thinking of swimsuits and sprinklers,
imagining lemonade stands.I'm lost in a daydream of squirt guns and ice cream,

and plenty of time on my hands.
I'm picturing baseball and hot dogs,
envisioning games at the park,and how it stays light until late every night,

and it seems like it never gets dark.--Kenn Nesbitt

9 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Those are great pics! What kind of camera did you get? Nice toes, btw!

ginmommy said...

Alicia, it's a Canon PowerShot SX210. I'm really pleased with it!! Good little camera :)

Brittany said...

are these from last summer? or today?!? so jealous if you went swimming!

Jill said...

Love Kenn Nesbitt! Have some of his poetry books in my classroom! NEAT post {and love the pics, too!}.

Susie said...

Love the pictures. It would be nice to have summer. The water looks so refreshing.

ginmommy said...

Yes, Brittany it was today!! The water is FREEZING, but the kids don't care!!! :-)

Arthur Family said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! I feel like I have been dreaming of this weather for so long!

Jami said...

The picture of Hope curled up in the towel is awesome.

Tracey said...

What a sweet post!! {Its a good thing your toenails are decent!} Great pics. :) Can't wait to see you!!!!!!!