Sunday, May 8, 2011

"A year ago did you ever think?"

Have I ever told you about Sharky? Sharky is Paul's man down here in Bowling Green. He is his right hand man at work, his fire buddy, his x-box play mate, all and all, Sharky is Paul's BFF in Bowling Green.

The reason for telling you about Sharky, is we spent the weekend with he and his wife, Megan. Friday night we were at the firehouse, and Saturday was at a wedding for another firefighter. Sharky is a pretty funny guy, and Saturday night while sitting in the middle of a field, surrounded by firefighters, at a wedding of someone I don't know at all, he looks at us and says, "A year ago today, did you ever think you'd be sitting in the middle of a field in Kentucky, driven on horses..." I abruptly stopped him and said "never in a million years."

That's the thing about God, you just never know His plans, and I've decided to stop trying to figure them out. Cause sure is the world is round, He might stick me in a field somewhere else ;)




Really could anything be more fun for kids though?? They get to romp around on fire trucks!!
And go to weddings with a firetruck!! I can honestly say, in my 36 years I've never been to a wedding like this one.
This is how we were taken to the ceremony.
The wedding was on a farm in the middle of nowheres-ville. It was actually beautiful, and the kids had a blast.
Nope, never in a million years...
The kids (well, Hope) loved the whole ceremony thing. She's already quite fascinated with brides. Pierce was fretting the whole time about the kiss, poor kid was worried he might have to witness a public display of affection.
While I walked back in my red high heels thinking, I made a bad fashion choice for a firefighters wedding, the kids were in heaven.
So, when I do have the "never in a million years" thoughts swimming through my brain, I always have my little family to make it feel all okay. :-)

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I love it that Pierce was worried he might witness a kiss!!!! Hilarious!