Sunday, May 29, 2011

A seriously good start to our Memorial weekend :)

This is the weekend that officially kicks off summer, and we are enjoying it! I am really looking forward to summer break with the kids, I'm not a huge fan of summer heat (yes, I know that makes me strange) but I love summer for the kids. Swimming, staying up late, ice cream, bare feet, you know all those things you look back on with fond memories :) Anyways, we've been having some fun this weekend.....



We took the kids Friday to see Kung Fu Panda 2. Paul and I love the first one, it along with Tangled are my very favorite. Seriously, there were a couple times that I laughed so hard I thought I would cry, and the kids enjoyed it too ;)

We also decided we would take the time to get Pierce riding without his training wheels. He could have mastered this sooner, but we just needed the time to work with him ;) Daddy did lots of coaching, and I was cheering him on....

Within a couple minutes he was a champ!!!
He had a few spills, but we had him padded up like an NFL player, so all was well.

My big boy finishes up kindergarten this week......time is not my friend. :(
So, the other big thing this weekend???

Look who came for a visit!!! Yea!!! It was so nice to have some time to hang out with my BFF and do what we do best :) Shop and eat of course. We started with a yummy Mexican lunch and celebrated her birthday :) And thank you Paul, for keeping the kids so we could have some grown up time!!
I showed Tracey around Bowling Green, of course taking her to some places we could shop....or just browse.....
I myself had never been to these two places, cute stuff!!
We shopped all.day.long. We even bought matching sunglasses, because we can do that now since we don't live in the same city ;)
AND THEN WE CAME ACROSS THIS SALE. Oh my word!! At Gymboree this weekend everything was 12.99 or under, did you hear that?? EVERYTHING WAS 12.99 OR UNDER. We both went into crazy mode. Tracey pushed me out of the way, I returned a pair of shoes just so I could use more money, it was shopping at it's finest. After we finished our pillaging, we lost our mojo, we had such a mad high from this sale that the only thing left we could do.....
Was eat of course :)
And I also made sure Tracey experienced a Gigi cupcake :) We actually split this one, oh HEAVEN.
Last picture before Tracey headed home...... Did you know that Tracey is friends with an Asian girl? Yes, that's me part Asian. Seriously, every time I eat too much rich food with a lot of salt I wake up the next day Asian.
Thank you Tracey for coming to BG to spend some time with me :) Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend!!!

7 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds like fun!! Glad to see that you have a friend to enjoy the same thing as you.

Amanda Brady said...

Went out with my best friend this weekend too and stumbled upon the Gymboree sale...it was madness in the Oxmoor mall....not sure how I got roped along....I don't even have kids! I LOVE GiGi's cupcakes! We have one here in Louisville too!

Jaime Mac said...

Glad you two had a good visit! (loved the shopping play by play! Hilarious!). Uhm-I think I have those same sunglasses! I got mine fm Kohls!

Jill said...

You gals are too fun! Shopping with your bestie and eating good food sounds like a GREAT time! {And I am so bummed I missed the Gymboree sale. Those are some GREAT prices for their stuff!!!}

And go Pierce. That's awesome!

Jami said...

Cute sunglasses, cupcake looks awesome, love it that you got a picture of Tracey paying for her stuff at Gymboree.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Love hearing about the trip from both points of view!! :)

Tracey said...

ahhhh, i miss you. :( it was so much fun!!!