Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hi, my name is Gretchen, I am directionally challenged.

To say that I am directionally challenged, is a nice way to put it. Anyone that knows me well, knows I am inept with direction, it's just a plain old fact about me, and it stinks. It's always slightly embarrassing too when new people have to learn this fact about me.

Brittany, a friend of mine here in BG (we both go to Jazz and same church) has asked me if I would like to do a BOOT CAMP with her (like outside, running sprints, planks, old school stuff) and I'm up for the challenge so I agree. I arise at 5:15 in the morning, slap on a hat, a little lip gloss (because I'm vain like that) and head out to meet her. After driving around for like 25 minutes, it dawns on me that I have no clue where I'm going, my pits start to sweat, and I realize I have to break it down to Brittany, that I wont be showing up. I could go on and on with stories such as today ;)

So tonight, I load up the kids and say "let's go to a new park" I was sure I would find it tonight so a repeat doesn't happen on Thursday. Of course I took my camera, so I thought I would share my cute kids....:)










Please pray for me that I survive boot camp!!! ;)

9 comments:

Susie said...

Man that boot camp is rough. I know several people that went through it here at my gym.Good Luck!! Love the look of Hope in the second to last picture of her.

Tracey said...

Yes, you are challenged. You are actually hilarious to watch drive! ;)

The first pic of Hopie needs to be framed!!!!!!! Sweet stuff.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

We need to start a support group! I am TERRIBLE with directions. I needed directions to David's Bridal EVERY time I had to go for a fitting. I had to check my directions with Daniel every tine I went to Baptist East for a doctor's appt. I could go on and on! I am not only bad with directions I can't remember even if I've been there. I used to really worry about it but now I'm like "Hey, I can't be good at everything!" ha ha!! :)

ginmommy said...

Tracey, I knew you would appreciate it, ha!!! You've seen me at my worst ;) I love it Alicia!! I'm EXACTLY like that, Paul can't believe how bad it is, ha!! I'm going to start using that line "I can't be good at everything!" :)

Arthur Family said...

You are a brave lady! Good luck at Boot Camp!

Brittany said...

You are TOOOO funny! :) I love that you are directionally challenged - it made for a good laugh after I was about to DIE on Tuesday! We'll survive - hopefully!

Love the pictures of your kiddos - that is one awesome camera :)


p.s. I'm. sore. not. good. news.

Jaime Mac said...

Funny post & I love the pics w/ the camera!
I'm like you guys...I have to have B-rad 'remind' me where I'm going when he says, "take me to such & such field" I'm like, 'uhm, where is that one again?!'
But Ginmommy - I would never, ever get up at 515 to go somewhere & have no clue where it is. I have to have a plan! C'mon!
Alicia-"I can't be good at everything!" LOVE THAT LINE! ;)

Jami said...

Tracey has some room to talk. First time I went to Melanie's in Cordyon she took a wrong turn despite being there before. When we came to our house she took the wrong exit then took the wrong tun when we got off the right exit.

Jill said...

Me, too! I call Dave all the time, especially when I'm driving in L'ville. Bootcamp sounds like fun. . .just not that early! Good for you for getting your booty out there, girl! :)