Tuesday, March 6, 2012

#DOIT4CODY


Remember when I told you all about my basketball star nephew who broke his leg? Well, that was 4 weeks ago now, and he's slowly beginning to mend. He's had a few other issues come up, for example a cut on his eye from original surgery that will not heal, so that's why he's wearing a patch. But slowly getting back to normal. 

Of course with a broken leg, playing ball is out, and it's that time of year. Sectional time! Remember how exciting sectionals always were? Even for my school, that sucked, we always got pumped! Anyways, Borden Braves WON the sectional last night and are now headed to the regional on Saturday. Woot! Of course sad for Cody that he had to miss out, but I just had to show these pictures.

The kids are wearing these shirts at the game! HOW SWEET! That's my other nephew, Nathan,  second from the right, wearing the D.
 Jo said that the first time Cody came back for a game, the crowd gave him a standing ovation. *tear*

And then my dad sent me these pictures of the team helping Cody get up the ladder to cut the net...Tugs at my heart strings to see them helping him get up the ladder.


 And then back down.

 I'm sure he's sad that he can't be a part of the win, but he must feel the love from his friends, and that's pretty special too.
 And lastly, Cody and his girlfriend Brooke. Cute, huh? Please let me tell you something funny though. I used to date her dad in high school! HA!!! We saw each other at one of the games, and I was like, GET OUT, your daughter is dating my nephew! Small world people!!
Jo, Cody and Nathan, I'm sending you my love!!!!

5 comments:

Jami said...

That is like something you see out of a movie or tv show. How sweet!

ginmommy said...

I know Jami! I said it was like Remember the Titans!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That so neat! I love that small town feel. It was like that growing up for me!

Jaime Mac said...

AWWWWW!!! I LOVE THIS POST! I LOVE the shirts! I LOVE they helped him cut a piece of the net!
Brought tears to my eyes...dang it! :)

Tracey said...

As if I haven't cried enough since Friday!!! OY. SOOOO friggin sweet! He is a stud muffin!!!