Saturday, March 17, 2012

Heeeeelp meeeee

I generally get sick about 2-3 times a year. Like for reals sicks, where I contemplate crying for my mom kind of sick, you know that kind?  And now I can say I've met quota #1 for 2012. Thursday afternoon I started to feel kind of bad, but chalked up to either a cold or allergies. However, by Thursday night I was chilled to the point of shaking, hot with a fever, and my head felt like it could possibly explode from pressure. I was for reals sick. 

I went to bed by 6:00 and temporarily forgot about my husband and children. I would drift in and out of sleep, and feel looney, which was all a result of a fever. I may or may not be a tad bit dramatic when I get sick. I chalk it up to my drama background. I could so be a soap star. Anyways, I would come out of my sleep and just yell...

"Heeeeeelp meeeee"

Crickets.

"Heeeeelp meeee"

Crickets.

"Heeeeeeelp meeeee"

Finally I got brilliant and just sent a text. 

Text message said...

"Heeeeeeelp meeeeeee"

That finally got the attention I was looking for. 

And after a long night of misery, I thought I would probably call the doctor to be seen. My dad was diagnosed with the flu, and I figured I had caught it from him, and wanted to stop it. I just wasn't sure what I would do with my kids, they were both out of school on Friday for teacher in service, I just figured I would have to probably drag them along with me. Ugh. 

Insert Brittany.

Brittany called to check on me, and then offered to take my kids so I could rest. HOW SWEET!!!! I took her up on her offer, but had no idea just how awesome my day would be. My doctor's office called me in some Tamiflu, and then I came back home and laid in my bed all.day.long. She literally kept my kids ALL DAY LONG. I would sleep and then wake up to see these sweet pictures on my phone...





Brittany said that they played outside the entire day. The boys got filthy from mud and had a great time, just being boys!
I knew that they were having a much better time with them, than they would have been at home with me.


Ane while the boys were being rowdy and dirty, Hope had some fun girl time with "Miss Brittany."

Brittany and Blake even took the kids out for dinner that night. SOOOO SWEET.
I am very thankful for a friend who would "heeeeelp meeeeee" when I was down and out! I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart, and my kids had a BLAST.
And I'm happy to report I'm feeling much better today. :))))

8 comments:

Angie said...

Oh yuck, the flu is definitely no fun. Glad to hear you are feeling much better!
What an awesome gesture of kindness Brittany offered. People don't realize just HOW MUCH little things like that help. Sounds like she's a pretty amazing friend and gal. Doesn't look like she's too shabby of a sitter either. The kids looked like they were having a BLAST :)

Happy Weekend!

Jami said...

Super, super, sweet!!!!

Susie said...

So sorry to hear that you were sick!! What a great friend you have in Brittany!! Glad you are feeling better!!

Jaime Mac said...

Yuck for being sick. Yay for feeling better & AWESOME to know you have someone who can save you when you need a break. (no thanks to Rico, of course. ;))

Brittany said...

You are very welcome:)) My time is coming - don't worry, I'll be calling you up!!

Kids were awesome, I got more done with 4 than I usually do with 2. Not sure how they worked, but it did!! :))))

Glad you are better!! Cheers to spring and getting rid of all the sickies!

Hillary said...

So glad that you are feeling better! Brittany is a doll!

xoxox

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

SO SWEET!!! It's awesome to have friends like that!! I'm sure you will pay her back! You're nice like that! :)

Kerry said...

You two are such good friends, it is so evident in your posts!! And that's what friends do for each other :)
I am glad you are feeling so much better, you really sounded awful from what you described :(
(I have been known to send a text msg from my bedroom to my husband in other parts of the house don't you worry ;)
Looks like the kids had so much fun, that first pic of Hope makes me smile, look at her driving around with not a care in the world!! Meanwhile, mummy is feverish and in bed sick lol
What a wonderful friendship you girls have!!
Have a great day Gretchen xo