Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Getting down with my little mathematician.



Something very wonderful has happened to Pierce. 

He has discovered a great love for Math. 

To the point of doing it all.the.time. 


At night when he should be getting into bed.
 In the morning, when it's time to leave for school.
 At the doctor's office while we wait to be seen.
 In his room, challenging his mom.
 And when he's playing games, even those need to be math related.
 This is very different for me, seeing as how horrible I am at math. But I love to see him take off with it,  his teacher has told me several times, he's great at it. I love to hear that!

The other night I was giving him a hard time though, just teasing him. I said, "come on, put that game down and dance with mom!" I cranked up the music and he eventually had to break it down with me. Math still in hand though...
 Never fear though,the music finally took over.
 And my mathematician finally got down.

7 comments:

Jami said...

You go Pierce, us math nerds need to stick together.

Jaime Mac said...

Oh...I LOATHE math! UGH! But here's the bright side - he can help YOU now! :)

Jill said...

That is awesome. I wasn't a big fan of math either. It's fun to see what "clicks" with them and comes easily! :)

Susie said...

That is so good that he likes Math!! That is one subject most kids don't like!!

Angie said...

Such a blessing. I was always terrible in Math and my daughter struggles with it too.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

THat's great!! Sam prefers Math!! I love watching kids learn!

Tracey said...

So cute!! Love that he was dancing and holding his game!!