Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I've hired a personal photographer to document my life. Her name is Brittany.


You know my friend Brittany, right?  Well, shortly after I met Brittany one of the first things I found out about her is, she takes incredible pictures. So much so, that I often would ask her, "have you ever thought of doing that professionally?" Apparently, I wasn't the only one asking her that question...

So, she pulled the trigger, and started For His Glory

Last night she was headed to her in-laws house in Muhlenberg County to take pictures of Blake's cousin, and she sweetly invited us along. Once Pierce got out of school, we drove for an hour, but ended up in a little piece of paradise!! They live on a farm, and it was gorgeous! My kids had the best time. And Since Brittany is a great photographer, I end up with these awesome pictures of my kids. So I've decided I'm going to take her everywhere just to document my every move. My own personal photographer following me around in Wal-Mart, the BMV, the pick up line at school. That wouldn't be too much, would it? :) 

Pierce, Hope, Layton and Clay. 






Just something about being out in the country, that seems to bring the best out in children, you know? They find the joy in the most simple of things, like playing with water in a bucket.
Or swinging on a swing, that is incredible! This swing was awesome, I even took a ride. I felt like I might touch the sky.

After the kids had played their hearts out, Joy (Brittany's mother in law) fed us a meal of chicken and dumplings, green beans, apples, homemade chocolate pie, chocolate chip cookies, and oatmeal raisin cookies. I think the kids were in shock, have we died and gone to heaven mommy? No kids, you've just a woman who knows how to use her stove properly.
Country living sure can be appealing, but I would without a doubt, miss the mall.

But back to my personal photographer, please check out some of these pictures she took of my Hope.










Thank you, Brittany! I will treasure these forever!!!! If you are in the area, check her out, you will not be disappointed!

12 comments:

Kiersten Hoehn said...

Those are really good and really cute!!!!

Jami said...

Beautiful!! You guys need to come back in town so I can have a photo shoot.
When I was in high school I went with a friend to her grandparents in the country. It was awesome!!!! Good country cookin.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Those are so good. I LOVE THEM!!!

Brittany, I know you will read this.....if your mom ever needs someone to eat her food, I AM IN!!!! ha! :)

Granny G said...

Beautiful pictures!!

Susie said...

What beautiful pictures!! Love down home cooking!!

Jill said...

LOVE these pics! I love a day in the country! There's nothing like downhome country cookin'. ;)

Cindy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!! She doesn't know it yet but she will be doing ours in the future too! You have such a beautiful family!

Angie said...

What an awesome day with great photos to boot! I live in the country and I can't imagine myself anywhere else. I really enjoy the slow pace & simpler way of life as do my children. I must admit though, I do hate driving an hour to the mall :)

Kerry said...

Such beautiful pictures Gretchen!! Brittany is a great photographer :)
Hope is just gorgeous, I really love the pic of her on the swing and all those pics of her taken by Brittany are just stunning!!!

Jaime Mac said...

The pictures are fantabulous! Great job, Brittany!

(PS. I love how ya'll talk about the country likes it's a place that exists in fairy tales & story books. Sheesh, people!)

Tracey said...

I love it!! Brittany's pics are a.w.e.s.o.m.e. :)))

Next girls weekend....Brittany's MIL's house for home cooking. YES!

April said...

She is a fantastic photographer! And I love, love, love the country and country cooking. :)