Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My last day of unemployment.

So today was the day.

 My last day of unemployment. 

I decided I had better make the most out of it, since tomorrow I'll be workin' for the man. So to speak.

I never really talk about Jazzercise on my blog, but it's a HUGE part of my life. And any day that I consider a REALLY good day, begins with this right here. I don't think Jazzercise gets enough credit. I've done many other workouts, and as far as fun, and well-rounded, I think Jazzercise is great. I've done it since I was 16 years old, and trust me when I thought about getting a job, one of my worries was losing this...



I danced my bootay off, and then instead of eating my sensible lunch, I threw caution to the wind and said. LET'S GO EAT MEXICAN FOOD! 

I know that kind of defeats the purpose of working out, but this was a 'last day of unemployment lunch!'

My lunch buddies joined me...






And what should I do next on my 'last day of unemployment tour?' 


 Hey, I'm a working woman now! I'll be bringing in some massive bacon! And by massive, I mean not massive at all! So let's shop! 



Such cute stuff that I wanted to load the cart up with...


But I could NOT pass up this Chevron throw! Adorbs!


Then it was home, to sit back and enjoy the quiet, and probably my favorite part of my afternoons.  My afternoon cup o' joe. 


I didn't sit for long, because there was a big decision to be made.

What will I wear for my first day of work??

I'm pretty sure this is it, which obviously needed to be ironed..


And for the first time in, who knows how long, I actually ironed something. I think working might kill me. 


And one last detail that needed attending..

I packed my lunch. 

In my daughters lunchbox. 

Don't judge me. 


My last day of unemployment, overall a success. And we ended the night with a win for the Oreos! 

A great last day of UNEMPLOYMENT. 

9 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

YIPPEE!! Good luck tomorrow!! Looks like you had a fun last day of freedom!! ha! :)

Jami said...

Cute outfit! I miss Jazzercise :(
Have a good day!

melanie said...

Didn't you say you were going to work at a preschool? Did you want to return home with a white dress or is that the blank canvas of your new work life? hee hee
sounds like a fun day

Susie said...

Good Luck and have fun!!

ginmommy said...

Good point Mel! But I'm training, so hopefully I make it out incident free!

Jill said...

Good luck tomorrow!!! :)

Jaime Mac said...

LOL at Melanie!

Love the first day of work outfit. Loved the bringing in the major bacon so go shopping (like you need an excuse!). Loved the whole post! FUN!
Good luck today... ;)
(Also-noticed the new phone & case in the pic...I would ask you to post about it...but I don't want to encourage you to post MORE...)

Jaime Mac said...

LOL at Melanie!

Love the first day of work outfit. Loved the bringing in the major bacon so go shopping (like you need an excuse!). Loved the whole post! FUN!
Good luck today... ;)
(Also-noticed the new phone & case in the pic...I would ask you to post about it...but I don't want to encourage you to post MORE...)

Arthur Family said...

You are going to have so much fun! Praying for a great first day!