Thursday, September 6, 2012

School updates

Here we are about a month into the school year, and I wanted to document how kindergarten and second grade are coming along. 

Pierce is doing outstanding! 

I see HUGE improvements in his reading this year! His fluency and comprehension have improved by leaps and bounds. 

And as far as math? That is just a natural gift that he has. I don't even have to go over his work with him, he just gets it. 

His teacher has told me that she never has a bit of trouble out of him, and she can always count on him to carry out tasks for her. 

I generally go eat lunch with the kids about once a week, and it just does my heart good to see him thriving. 



Our biggest issue with Pierce at school? He abuses his ice cream privileges! One day we got on his lunch account, and every.single.day. he had purchased ice cream! HA! We've had a little talk about it, but trust me, I'm thrilled ice cream abuse is our only "issue."


 Last I blogged about Hope in school, I was pushing her out of the car, CRYING. 

Well, I am happy to report that she has come through all of that. And I must give credit to daddy for that! Thank you, daddy!

Hope's teachers routinely tell me how much they love her, and what a sweetie she is. She's never been in trouble at school and now she gleefully heads in every morning. Thank the gracious Lord above!

She's also mastered tying her shoes finally! I think I taught Pierce by 4, but I've just been lax with Hope. She actually was prodding me to teach her! So, we got the job done. 

Thankful for my children. Thankful for their educations. Thankful for their health. Thankful for their minds. Thankful for when they drive me to drink. Thankful for when they interrupt my sleep. Thankful...

Just plain thankful for them. 

6 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

YAY for good reports! Can't really blame Pierce for the ice cream though...

and Hope doesn't look too happy in that pic! Glad she's enjoying it now!

the lewis gang said...

i'm so glad this year is sailing right along now!! i'm sure that was a big adjustment for hope being home with you full time.

Susie said...

Glad to see things going well for them this year in school!!

Jami said...

So happy for you that Hope is doing better. I know that was hard.

Way to go on tying the shoes, that's impressive!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

WAHOO!! So glad it is going well!! :) :)

Kerry said...

Haha you are funny!
That is so great that the school year has kicked off great for your kiddo's!! And I am loving the fact your kids just run an account at school for food? I'd be buying ice-cream too lol!!!