Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It was a water park kinda day.

We decided Wednesday would be a good day to venture out and try something different. We debated back and forth for days. One minute it was jet ski's, next the local water park. In the end we finally decided on the water park, and I'm so glad that we did. 

A few things to note. 

We spent a good portion of our life savings today.

It was disturbing to be sharing the same circulated pool water with some of the peeps there.

It was EXTREMELY busy.

All those factors aside, it was a blast!


My big boy here, ventured off with his daddy and rode the BIG boy slides. Like for reals, big. Unfortunately, I couldn't get pictures of those, because I would have inevitably ruined my camera. As a mom blogger, this feels like a real fail on my part. 

So, Hope and I went and found some sweet smaller kid stuff to do.

She was too sweet!

 And I think these slides gave her the courage to try out some bigger stuff.

We played, we goofed off, we killed time.

And when we met up with daddy and Pierce later, she had mustered up more courage. Enough to try this...

By this point in the day, we were all together. Such fun!

 And it was awesome to watch Hope whiz on down these, time after time.


 And Pierce seemed like such a big kid today.

But I guess, this place kind of brought the kid out in all of us.


Even mommy.

But the highlight of the day for me?

Enjoying this sweet moment with my little one. You know how long it's been since she's done this?  Waaaay too long. I was in heaven.

Loving our water park day.

5 comments:

Jami said...

I think anything is worth your baby falling asleep on you, even a public pool. Proud of you for going down one yourself.

Susie said...

Love when they fall asleep on you!! How sweet!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

What a fun day! I do want to hear more about those disclaimers at the top....like the people you didn't want to be around! I bet that's some funny stuff! :)

Tracey said...

Aww, such a sweet pic of u and Hopie!!!! <3

Jaime Mac said...

I love the pic of you going down the slide! Looks like you're having a blast!