Friday, June 8, 2012

What's NOT in my purse, is the question.

Today's edition of the blog off, is WHAT'S IN YOUR PURSE? (still saying it like a game show host) 

Oh mercy, if I embarrassed easily, then this would probably do it, because for reals, my purse is bad. I just throw junk in there and go. I did NOT get the gift of organization, and I have come to terms with that. So, let's do it. Let's put it out there. 


Cute purse, right? Note the clip thing on the strap, I've decided lately that it should go there. 

And just at a quick glance inside...
 Here is everything all laid out. Oh good grief.

The thing I seem to have the MOST of? Paper junk. I think I count 5 pads of paper, then notes from church, checkbook, and a couple other random items. WHO KNOWS?

Another biggie for me? I have 6! tubes of lipstick, one lip gloss, 3 lip pencils, 2 compacts, a sanitizer, and tube of lotion. What can I say? I'm vain.

Two pencils, one pen, and 4 Splenda. Oh, you know, in case you ever need to sweeten something?!
 Cinnamon gum, a random yellow N, 4 pieces of Hope's jewelry, and clippers for the rouge hairs you only see in the light of day.
 My glasses, of course my camera, a sunglasses holder (of which I have lost said sunglasses) and a Christmas gift card holder that is holding a Dillards gift card with a 2 dollar remaining balance. Oy.

Honestly? I have NO idea what this is for or when I got it.
 And the lovely giblets I found on the bottom of my purse. A few coins, fruit snacks, and old worn out gum.
 I know, I should be quite ashamed of myself. BUT, I saved the best for last. MOTHER LOOK AWAY.

My wallet.

I can't zip it all the way, because of all the coins in there. And it is NEVER snapped shut for all the receipts busting out. I see you shaking your head Terry, and I am sorry I have shamed our family.

10 comments:

Tracey said...

I love the random N!! :) And, yes, your wallet is atrocious. Seriously!

Jami said...

That's awesome! I don't even know if I am going to do this because I'm so boring.

Granny G said...

hahahahahahaha!!!

Kristy said...

I found you from Hillary's blog. Thanks for sharing! I decided to do the same post, it was fun!

Susie said...

Man your purse looks like mine a collect all for everything and everyone.

April said...

My purse looks a lot like yours. I usually have granola bars and random toys in mine. :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

A RANDOM YELLOW N!! That made me laugh out loud!!! Hilarious!!!!

Dan and Denise said...

A random yellow N?? What on Earth?? Ha!

Gretchen, I have a ton of stuff in my purse, but yours would drive me a bit nuts. If you clean out your wallet, you might find some long-lost cash!

I love the idea of carrying tweezers in your purse. It never fails that I look in the rearview mirror in the daylight and find some disgusting hair in a place it doesn't belong.

Jaime Mac said...

Oh how fun! I'm glad you shamed your fam & played along. Totally worth it! That wallet is crazy! I love the random bits at the bottom. Funny!

Kerry said...

Hillary's purse got a giggle out of me, your wallet got an entire laugh!! Lol
Holy moly, I don't even have that much make-up in my bathroom hehehe
I must be so boring in comparison, my bag is empty, crying out for stuff it is ;)
Love this post!