In an effort to think of something to blog about, I decided to do a "get to know me" thingy.
I've seen other people do these sort of things, and I personally enjoy them.
My parents might be the only ones who sit through this, but I'm being vulnerable and laying it out there. One night in bed, I jotted these down on my iPhone.
So here goes....
1) I have crooked pinky fingers. I inherited this trait from my dad, and my daughter inherited it from me. If I'm ever involved in a crime, I would imagine my pinky fingers would be used to identify me.
2) I was a fat kid. For realsie. One day when I'm feeling bold, I'll post a picture.
3) One summer I grew from 4'11 to 5'5. That helped with the chubs issue.
4) One time I streaked the neighborhood. Like butt naked, with a towel as my cape, yelling "I'm Superman!" Thankfully this was before I was a fattie.
5) I used to snore like a 350 pound man. Just ask my sister.
6) As a child I had mono so bad, I had to be hospitalized. This resulted in the removal of my tonsils and adenoids. My mom says after that was the first time I ever really tasted food, and thus why I got fat.
7) My senior year of high school, I got the English award. I really think that decision was based on the fact I mastered Beowulf.
8) I'm so bad at math it's embarrassing.
9) I think the left side of my brain never developed, because I'm a right brained person in almost every sense.
10) In high school I was in dance, band, drama, and choir.
11) In high school I was suspended for drinking alcohol at a party.
12) I have a natural ability to dance. If I could make a living at it, that didn't involve a pole, I'd be in.
13) I have zero athletic ability.
14) I really enjoy getting the mail. You just never know what might be there waiting for you!
15) Other than faith, Paul and I are complete opposites.
16) When Paul watches those animal shows, you know the ones that show them in their environment? I scream and yell the entire time. I hate to watch one animal kill another.
17) I loathe scary movies.
18) I hate being alone at night.
19) I'm very sensitive and cry easily.
20) I've had one body piercing and one tattoo.
21) I sleep with a fan on every night, and travel with my box fan.
22) I love getting to know people. I ask lots of questions and am intrigued by their stories.
23) I can walk into almost any room/situation and find my fit. I'm not shy and can usually have fun anywhere and with anyone.
24) But please don't ask me to speak publicly. Then I'm shy.
25) I feed off others energy.
26) I'm not a natural leader.
27) I'm sure that one of the things that attracted me to Paul, was his leadership qualities.
28) And I rely heavily on said leadership.
29) I really want people to like me.
30) But as I'm getting older, I'm coming to terms that not everyone will like me, and I will let people down.
31) I have never broken a bone.
32) My idea of hell? Living somewhere with no change of season.
33) Thanksgiving is my favorite meal of the year.
34) I'm obsessed with Christmas.
35) I would DIE without music.
36) I enjoy Oprah. And I receive a lot of flack about that.
37) I love photography and REALLY want a fancy-schmany camera.
38) I love, love, love, older homes.
39) I think it would be cool to be Celine Dion. Not to be married to her 800 year old husband, but to command a stage like that.
40) I think beer is disgusting.
41) I have an issue with diet coke. I'm sure it's giving me brain lesions, but I cannot quit it.
42) Flying really scares me. When I do fly, I take some happy pills, that way if I crash I won't care.
43) It drives me nuts I can't see who is reading my blog. Do I have secret stalkers?
44) I hate change.
45) I abhor awkward moments. Kill.me.now.
46) If I ever had twins, I would name them Sam and Lucy.
47) Now that I'm on # 47 of this thing, I'm feeling very narcissistic.
48) I thrive on sarcasm. THAT is my humor.
49) Hi mom and dad.
50) FINALLY finished.