Monday, December 17, 2012

Go us!


I have my kids in bed, and honestly I'm wanting to be in bed too, but I'm determined to blog so I can have a post Monday morning. But lemme' say, I'm tired. We had a very busy weekend in the land of milk-and-honey, but SUCH fun. There's part of me that wants to blog it all at one time, but that won't work, so I will start with event #1, with the rest to follow....


On Friday we were officially married a decade, and it was time to celebrate that accomplishment. So, we dropped the kids off at my parents, and ran like the wind before they could change their minds. 

Because Paul and I had a date with a view.


And for those who don't know, I'm pointing to what is known at the holy lands, or Indiana as most refer to it.


We were like a couple of young'ins, who ventured out to the big city.  We.were.excited.



Though close to forty, we still get giddy when we have a night to ourselves, and receive a special treat to commemorate our anniversary.


But the excitement


May have been


Premature


Yeah, it totally tasted like rubbing alcohol.



But disgusting champagne wouldn't stop us. We were kid-free, semi-young, and ready to party!

But before the night began, I told Paul we had to set up the tri-pod and get a shot of the two of us. And this is why our marriage works, because he is sweet and puts up with me. BUT, when you are not sure what you are doing with your camera, you might end up with some less-than-stellar-shots.

Exhibit A


Exhibit B


Exhibit C.  Okay, technically this one is not the cameras fault....


And lastly, our prom-shot.


Okay, yes, we are ghetto, but we do it with panache.


 I would say, what we were both most excited about, was a nice dinner.


It had been a long time since we had been anywhere this nice.



 It was absolutely gorgeous, and we ordered things to eat, such as floo-floo-fla-fla with a side of, tofoo- a-blo-blah.


Yeah, we totally didn't know what the food was, and it sounded like Japanese to us, but we didn't have to cut up chicken fingers, or tell anyone to lower their voice, so we were good.

We had normal conversation, enjoyed our view, and of course, played with the camera-settings.


We're insane.


BUT.

BUT the night was young.

 So we headed downtown to Fourth Street.


SO out of our element, but SO much fun.


And that's exactly what we wanted on this night.

A time to act a fool, get out of our element, get giddy, sleep in, and celebrate us.

Go us!

7 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

Fun times. Love that u took us along via pictures. ;)

Tracey said...

I'm so thankful you two had a fun night out!! You definitely deserve it (for putting up with Paul)!! ;)
Love the hotel room pics...hilarious!

Jaime Mac said...

WOW! What a fun night! I love all the hotel room pics too! That Rico is a funny dude!

Susie said...

What a fun night!!

Jami said...

The pictures from the hotel, posing, hilarous!!

What a fun night, Happy Anniversary!!!

Jill said...

Yea for a great night out! ;)

the lewis gang said...

happy anniversary! you are a nut!!