Sunday, December 9, 2012

"S-C-O-R-D raise that score!"

Honest to Pete, there are some moments in parenting when you just want to scream. 

And I'm not referring to the 'you're losing your mind' scream, I'm talking about the 'OH MY WORD, THIS IS TOO MUCH CUTENESS TO HANDLE' scream. You know, those moments.  


Like this. 

Hope is beginning a new adventure of cheering through an organization called Upward, and I she is very excited!


Actually, this is the face of nerves, a very nervous Hope who wasn't sure what to do, or what to expect.



But she warmed up quickly.


I wonder too if it makes my kids nervous that I'm always SNAPPING away at every critical moment?

But of course, as that thought that slips through my mind, it doesn't stop me.


And I was confirmed in my neurosis, when the other mom's started whipping out their cell phones and cameras too. 


And while we were snapping away, I see through that lens, something very familiar.


Awww yeah.


Be still my inner cheerleader. Be still.



And after only one night of practice we have one cheer mastered!


Well, semi-mastered....

"S-C-O-R-D, raise that score!"

I've tried to correct her and tell her it's an E on the end, but she always switches back.

OH WELL!

S-C-O-R-D! RAISE THAT SCORE!

8 comments:

Tracey said...

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS POST!!!!! Seriously, the cutest thing (almost) ever!! Hope makes one adorable cheerleader. :)))

Susie said...

She is just to cute!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

OH MY!!! That is ADORABLE!!! Love the SCORD!!!!! AWESOMENESS!!!!! :)

Jami said...

That is just just plain cute!!!! She really looks like she has natural talent for it, her form looks great!

Kiersten Hoehn said...

She is so cute!

Angie said...

She is full of cuteness!!!

Jaime Mac said...

No.words.

the lewis gang said...

awesome! scord! haha! priceless!!! she is an absolute doll!