Wednesday, July 17, 2013

An adventure.

Let me tell you about an adventure.
 
An adventure of 4 men and one little boy.
 
An adventure of water and fish stories.
 
An adventure that meant leaving the house at 2:30 in the morning.
 

Which is exactly where the adventure lost me. 
 




Tom, Paul, and Pierce left the house at 2:30 in the morning, so they could set out for an epic fishing trip. Now personally,  I can think of NOTHING I would leave the house for at that time, but when I saw these pictures of the sun rising over lake Michigan I did pause for a second and consider it.


No joke, that's legit beauty.


But they weren't there for the beauty, that was just a bonus.


Paul said in all his life he had never seen Lake Michigan so calm.



Said it was like floating on glass.



And for the first time in his little life, Pierce had the chance to experience it firsthand.



Check it out!


Seriously, what a cool experience for a little boy!


 
They cleaned up good!! 



But more importantly, at least to me, he had the chance to make such awesome memories with his dad and grandpa.



And that goes for the girls too.

You know since our eyes glazed over at the mention of 2:30 in the morning, we had to make our own fun.

(See what happens when you ask someone else to take a picture for you? You end up all wobbly and fuzzy.)

But fuzzy aside it was a fun day of shopping and girl time, and most important we didn't have to leave the house at 2:30.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

That is awesome. They both look so happy!

Tracey said...

Awesome job boys!! Those are some big fish! Gorge pics! {and I know one thing you'd leave the house at 2am for...JON!}

Fun girls day!!

Susie said...

What great memories for Pierce!! The pictures were great!!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

OMG when I saw those fish hanging on those nails, I gagged. But your hair still looks cute.

Jami said...

That does look fun, for a boy. You're right about the pics, beautiful!

You would leave at 2:30 am for Jon, and shopping. Don't deny it.

Angie said...

I'm totally with you, nothing much is worth getting up at that time of morning. I'm sure Pierce would totally disagree though. I can imagine he was so super excited!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I am glad you guys ALL had fun. I LOVE those ones of the guys though. He'll NEVER forget that. How neat!!!!