Sunday, October 16, 2011

Camo party for one and all.

This weekend we celebrated two very important birthday's.


Neena and Pierce.
Pierce is two days shy of being born on my mom's birthday.
And now we get to always celebrate these two people together :-)
Pierce requested a camo party this year, and we were happy to oblige. I'm sure mom was thrilled to have a camo party, but when you are little you get away with such requests.
My dad took his usual 'dinner photo' except this time he stood RIGHT in front of Paul.
Time for take two. As you can see Jo had a hard time keeping it together.
Take three. Oh, just forget it.....

Pierce is big into Star Wars and Lego's at the moment, and he was beyond blessed with gifts.

While Pierce was set with his camo cake...
My mom FINALLY got her cherry pie again for her birthday. Since my grandmother has passed away, my mom has not had her favorite dessert for her birthday. And why is that you ask? Because when your daughters don't know HOW to make a pie to save their lives, you have to go without. So, WHO made the pie?? I'll solve that riveting question later in the week.
Have I mentioned that I cannot believe that my firstborn is about to turn 7??
In just a matter of days.
And while he's counting down the days until he reaches another milestone.
I'm hanging onto 6 with all I can, because time is slipping away.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Pierce! :)

Jami said...

Camo? Wow, at least there is Hope! Looks like a great weekend! What is it with you guys and birthdays? Paul and Jo, you and your brother. Fun times!

Susie said...

Happy Birthday to your mom and Pierce!! I know what you mean when your birthday for around or on the kids birthday!! The birthday is about them which is ok with me!!

Jaime Mac said...

Wow, your mom is really nice. I would NEVER settle for a camo birthday. I guess it's all about the kids. Bleh.
I can't wait to see you solve the mystery of the pie. Please take a pic of the store you bought it from. ;)
(Dad's dinner pic cracked.me.up! He's too much!!!)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

What a fun time!!!!!

the lewis gang said...

you got me teary-eyed there at the end. i so feel that. i personally remember turning 5. jackson turns 5 in march. i am hanging on to 4 as long as i can!!