Friday, October 7, 2011

Finishing up fall break.

Technically we still have the weekend left, but fall break is coming to a close. :( It doesn't seem like it's been a big humdinger, but I guess every day can't always be jam packed. Sometimes I feel like I'm teaching my kids they ALWAYS have to be entertained, but that's a whole different subject matter, for another day. :)


It's been nice having them both home. We've done lots of reading, coloring, pretend play, dancing, all those little things you miss when the kids go to school!!

I also took them to a park one day to play and feed the ducks.

Then we went to see the planes, AGAIN. We do this a lot. The kids ask all the time if they can take pictures, so I let them this time. I'm not in the process of falling down, just in the process of giving instruction. :)
Planes make us break into dance.
Speaking of breaking into dance. You know we spend a lot of time in the van, running errands and the such, and I just wanted to document my dancing babies. I'm not sure how much longer they will want to dance with me. I'm sure that in a matter of years, I will be a dork in their eyes, and my dancing quite embarrassing. However, for now, we have a blast busting a move.
And I LOVE IT!!!!
One last thing. I may have also had the kids helping me clean.
Don't judge me. They actually love it. :)
For those of you that live on my every move (mom and dad) we aren't camping this weekend. We didn't realize that Pierce's testing in karate coincided with the dates. He really wants to become an orange belt, because then he gets to start sparring. Heaven help me. So, no camping after all, DARN. :)

5 comments:

Jami said...

Oh no! No camping, how will you ever survive? HA HA!!! Looks like a fun fall break, I'm sure the kids enjoyed it. I'm totally with you on keeping the entertained all the time, really for me it's just hard to entertain them at all all the time. We need to get out while we can, before its' 40 below!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I think the same thing about "teaching" my kids that they have to be entertained all the time. We are always on the go doing something. I worry about that but then again, what don't I worry about. All part of being a mom!

glad you guys are better!!!

Blake said...

and you had an awesome play date where the host and hosts' child was barefoot and Hope and Pierce got to play in the gutter!! :))) ha! you know, Kentucky style:)

Just joking - loved having you guys over to finish up fall break!

Now, onto a pinterest party -- soon!

Blake said...

oops! that was brittany ..........not blake:))), I'm sure you could tell! Blake only uses sideways smileys, sometimes:))

Jaime Mac said...

Awww I'm so sorry that you 'accidentally' scheduled a camping trip for the same weekend as pierce's karate thing. Ooopsie. Happy accident... :)