Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Break

We are on fall break this week. No school for a full week!! Woot! Considering we all have just recovered from the pukes, we took Sunday and Monday and just stayed home because A) I wanted to be sure we were fully recovered B) Not to spread on our nasty germs to innocent bystanders. I don't want to be the blame for an epidemic in BG. ;) Even though we didn't do anything 'fun' Monday, it was nice to sleep, and just take our time getting ready. No rush. That I really enjoyed.

I wanted Pierce to experience Jackson's Orchard too, so we headed there today.
Fun stuff!!

Let me complain now about the weather. I'm like an old woman. I spend half my life complaining about the weather, it's either too hot or too cold for my liking. Today it was too hot for old Bertha here.
Look at Pierce! Even the young whippersnapper was too hot. Picking pumpkins, should be chilly, but since I can't control the weather, we forge on. Like our past forefathers, we survive the extreme conditions. Who's dramatic?
All kidding aside, it was fun!
We scoured the patch for the perfect pumpkins, and I kept an eye out for the THE GREAT PUMPKIN. Jo, I know you understand!
Cute little pumpkins, for my cute little pumpkins. :-)
Oh, and just wanted to add this. Pierce asks me daily to work on math homework. It kills me! We are on fall break, and he still wants to work on his math. Hope and I are watching Curious George, and he wants to be doing math. I hope he always feels that way about it! :)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad you are all feeling better! A whole week off for fall break? We get one day, a Thursday! That orchard looks like a lot of fun.

Jami said...

Tell pierce to call me, I'll help. I'm with you on the weather. I'm tired of dressing my kids in the three different outfits.

ginmommy said...

That cuts deep Jami.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I am glad you guys are all better to enjoy fall break. Our fall break is coming up and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Sam is the same way about school....it's sick!!! ;)

Susie said...

Glad to see you all got to enjoy the orchard. Glad to see all was feeling better.

Jill said...

This place looks like so much fun! You got some GREAT pics! :)