Sunday, October 9, 2011

I ramble.

You know sometimes you have so many things to blog, that it really doesn't make sense. Or maybe that's just me? I ramble.


Our weekend has been good. Friday night I cooked meatloaf and we just hung at home, nothing too exciting. However, Saturday morning was Pierce's testing to become an orange belt. See him there in the middle?
Please look at that table of judges. Karate is intense for these little people! You have to perform, all on your own. There's no relying on teammates for help. You are singled out to answer questions, and of course have to show you know all your forms.
Pierce told me as we were heading in, "I'm nervous, what if I forget an answer."
But I think that he did a really good job. Paul and I are really proud at how well he's done at Tae Kwon Do. We will find out soon, if he's moving up to orange belt, and then sparring. YIKES.


Lately when the kids are watching "toons" they snuggle up to one another really close. In my mind that sorta makes up for all the fighting they do the other times. :)
Also, sometimes on the weekend the kids will get up before me. I might lay in bed for about 10 minutes or so. It's a mighty sweet sight to see them coloring and patiently waiting on me. Ahhhhh. :)
Onto yet something else. Paul and I got to go out last night. When you move away from all your babysitters, that sorely cuts down on dates. We now have a babysitter we trust (thanks Brittany for letting us use your cousin :)) So we ran out of the house as fast as we could!

It also doesn't hurt, when the kids LOVE the babysitter. They were pushing us while we ran. The babysitter, sent us this pic :)We went to a wedding reception for a firefighter. We got a good free meal, and I got me a piece of wedding cake. We were all winners. I wanted to get a picture of Paul and I, like standing up. You know since all the ones we have are those self portraits. Anywho, we were photo bombed on attempt 1...
And attempt 2.....
Finally :)
And lastly, we are on FULL BIRTHDAY COUNTDOWN!!! Pierce's sweet Sunday school teacher gave him a gift today, since she would be gone on his actual birthday. So sweet! I cannot believe that in a mere 13 days my firstborn will be 7!!! years old. That's ridonkulous people.

5 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

Yay for a free meal AND a piece of cake. Pics of you & Paul are great. :)

Susie said...

Glad to see you got to enjoy your night out!!

Jami said...

So happy you two got to go out for a date night, how awesome!!!!! Pretty picture too.
Didn't Pierce just move up to yellow belt?

ginmommy said...

Yes Jami, he moved up to yellow belt about 9 weeks ago.

Tracey said...

Yay for dates!!!! Great pic of you two! And so proud of Pierce. He is such a little man now. :(