Sunday, October 30, 2011

Working for the man. Hospital trip. Fires. And a wreck.


Our weekend started off rather boring and mundane, but it's ended with a bang, or should I say a crash? Seriously the last 12 hours have been crazy. Let me start with Friday though. 



Paul called me, and asked if I would come work for him. Of course, my question is  "how much will I make an  hour?" He didn't offer much, but I was feeling loving and generous, so I went ahead and became his employee for the day. :) 

Lookie here at what he had me doing. Highlighting hundreds of pages. Can anyone spell boring??
 So, while my boss was walking around, being all bossy and boss like....
 I took the opportunity to some might say, um, goof off. Belting out some tunes from the radio.....
 And taking MANY spins in his spinny chair. Weeeeeeeee.
 Then I heard Mr. Bossy pants coming back, so back to work. :)
 Oh, and I'm not sure, but I think I may have been sexually harassed.
 I don't think I'll be returning to work for him anytime soon. ;)

Onto Saturday. Our big plans for Saturday were to get our family pictures taken. Man, is it just me, or is family picture day stressful? Obsessing about how everyone looks, how the hair is, making sure everyone is in a good mood. Hopefully, the end result is worth it! :)

After pictures we went home, and I started to cook dinner (I know, more excitement than anyone can handle) and Pierce started to complain that his stomach hurt. Honestly, he complains a lot of belly pain. However, he never has a fever, or stops eating or playing, so I dismiss it many times. Last night though, he was acting different with his pain, he really didn't want to eat, and just kept laying around. More stomach virus junk has been going around, so I thought maybe he was going to get the pukes again. I think by around 8:00 or so, he was bent over double and yelling in pain. Needless to say, I got freaked out. As I was about to have a little meltdown, Paul said he needs to go to the E.R.


Pierce was beyond upset, mostly I think out of fear.
 Once he realized they weren't going to "take my skin off, and do surgery" he relaxed and started to enjoy the attention. ;)
 They drew blood, ( he was super brave and didn't cry at all) did x-rays, and checked his urine. And the culprit of all this belly pain? Constipation. His x-rays showed that he has lots of poop backed up in his large intestine. Lovely hugh? I feel really guilty about this. Like maybe I don't feed him well enough and I should have not ignored the recent complaints of stomach pain. Ugh.
I'm really thankful it wasn't something more serious though. Now we are starting the milk of magnesia (gag) and tons of water, and waiting for the big explosion. ;)

While we were still  at the hospital Paul called me, and said that there was a large structure fire, and as soon as we got home he needed to head out. We got home around 9:00, and Paul ran out to go help. Around 2 a.m. my phone rang, and there was ANOTHER structure fire! He didn't get home until almost 6 this morning!! Can anyone say exhausted?

Aren't you all enjoying my novel?

I have to tell you all one more thing though.

When I got up this morning with the kids, I knew I had to go pick up some medicine for Pierce. Paul was here asleep, and I was just going to run to Walgreens, like one block from us. Told the kids I would be right back, and don't wake up daddy unless you HAVE to.

I picked up the medicine and was on my way back sitting at a stop light. I look up at this large SUV seems to be backing up? Yes, in fact the SUV was backing up, and he was not going to stop. Well, not until he BACKED RIGHT INTO ME that is. I just sat there in shock. Did I really just get hit? Oh yes I did. So, I did what any grown woman with two children would do. I called my dad.  (I know, sad a 36 year old still calls here daddy, don't judge he's an insurance agent) then I called 911 and waited for the po po to show up. Police did all his police man stuff and I finally headed back home. I got home an hour later, and thought maybe I would walk back into Armageddon. Seriously, the kids didn't even notice I was gone a long time.

Oh, and did I mention that all of this happened while I was in my pajamas? Oh yeah. And bed head, no makeup, and morning breath. Good times people. Good times.

8 comments:

April said...

Oh my, just oh my. Glad everyone is ok. :)

Brittany said...

again, you couldn't make this stuff up!! crazy, crazy weekend!!!!!!!

Susie said...

What a wild weekend!! Glad nothing was to serious with Pierce and with the car!!

Jill said...

Wow! OMGOSH! At least you have a GREAT attitude about it all. Sexual harrassment. LOL! So glad you are okay! :)

Tracey said...

Can't wait to see the pics! You are brave working for Paul!! I wouldn't work for meanie Eric! ;) I'm glad you are okay...your re-telling was awesome!

Arthur Family said...

Thank you for the way that you re-tell your adventures! Seriously, glad that you all are alright!

Jaime Mac said...

Where do I start? LOVE the 'working for the man' stuff. HI-LAR-IOUS!
Poor Pierce...he looks so pitiful in those pics... (thanks for documenting...)
You were in a wreck?! Oh my! Glad you're ok...but no pics of the van?! Tsk, tsk...
Also can't wait for the fam pics. I hope everyone looks good & has lotsa smiles...or I'm gonna judge... ;)

Jami said...

Can't believe you took pics of pierce at the ER, wait yes I can. Glad all is okay.