Friday, August 12, 2011

Now that I'm grown, I know a sister is a good thing.

I come from a family of 3. Brother Chris, who is 9 years older than me, and sister Jo (Johanna) who is 6 years older than me. With us spread out like that, I was kinda like an only child. Not only was Jo interested in playing differently because of the age difference, she and I were also complete opposites. She a tomboy to the core, me a prissy girl who wanted to play house. We fought a lot, and I was notorious for being a tattle tale, and also the baby of the family who got away with a lot. However, I always looked up to her! I knew she was the bomb, who could play ball, and the homecoming queen, while I was chubby and a dork. Sooooo, you see, growing up I knew I loved her, but wasn't sure having a sister was all that.

Now I know better. Ever since she had Cody (16 years ago now) we've become close. Sister's are great. They know why you are the way you are. They share the same goofy memories with you, and there's just a strong bond that you can't really explain.

Okay, now that I've spilled my guts and babbled on, I can tell you about her visit. She and the boys came down on Monday and stayed the night.

Pierce was in heaven!!!
As was Hope.
The boys are sooooo good to play with the kids. A 16 year old and a 12 year old might not wanna play little kid games, but they do it anyways. Too sweet.

And they both share their I-pads!Cody got Hope going on Angry Birds!!
They got here on Monday and spent the night, which meant they were here when Pierce went to his first day of school. I was concerned how he might handle leaving when his cousins were at home, but he did well. However, I would see glimpses of his toys and get teary eyed. I'm a sap and wanted him at home.

Boys played more games with Hope while Pierce was in school.
This I HAD to get a picture of. 16 years old people. I teased him that I was going to upload it to Facebook and tag him in it. Oh, and his brother too!! But I think I might be deleted and blocked if I did so! Ha!! I think it's safe here on my blog though, you know with my 10's of readers.
And before you know it, there visit was over :( My sister works some crazy whack hours, so getting here is difficult for her, and I so appreciated her coming.
I love my family!!!

2 comments:

Jami said...

What a sweet sweet post. How cute is it watching the boys play with Hope.

Susie said...

Such a sweet post. Sisters are good when you get older. I have 6 I I appreciate them more now then when we were little. Glad you got to spend time with her.