Friday, August 5, 2011

Some people are just plain ol' mean.

I am a people pleaser. I also get my feelings hurt easily. Please note these two things before I tell you a story of what happened to me today.

I was leaving this morning for Jazzercise, of course kids in tow. I was pulling out and not paying full attention as I should, when all of a sudden I hear honking, and then I believe I hear yelling? I stop. I look back. I see man, my neighbor, and he is FLIPPING OUT.

I stop the van, put it in park and roll down my window. In the time my window was down, I hear the F word, and lots of other expletives, all aimed at me. In my not paying attention, I was close to backing into said man and his nice car. I immediately start apologizing all over myself. "I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry" but he didn't hear, or even want to hear me. Then the last thing I heard him say was, " J**** C***** you would be really sorry if you hit my 50,000 dollar car" and then he peeled off.

I just kind of sat there for a minute of two after he peeled off, stunned. Kids were asking me a million questions about why he acted like that, and what were some of those words. Nice.

I have thought about this all.day.long. I get that he was annoyed with me for not paying attention. I get that he honked. And if he would have said, hey pay attention, I would have understood that. But he's my neighbor! He'll have to see me over and over again, and what if I would have hit his car? Then what? Would he have run me over with his "50,000 dollar car?"

You know if I wasn't such a people pleaser maybe I would have just muttered a few expletives myself and moved on? Instead I cried over this dumb thing! He hurt my feelings, like a little girl!! HA! Of course now Paul is going to deal with him too, lovely!!

I guess I just needed to blog my feelings out. Sending out my feelings to my 10's of readers and letting you know some people are just big fat meanies.




7 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

NOT NICE AT ALL!!!! I would hate to have to see him over and over again too. I can let some things go and not other things. I think it depends on who it involves and how much I care about that person. I am sorry you had to go through that with your kids.

Hers and His said...

You poor thing! I would have cried like a baby too! Some people ... geesh.

Tracey said...

I seriously almost cried too. :( I don't understand people sometimes. Guess he has no idea about the love of Jesus.

Susie said...

Sorry to hear you had to go though this. It will be bad having to see the neighbor though all the time.

Jaime Mac said...

He's a jerk. Period. Yes you may have been 'in the wrong' but you apologized! Sheesh what does he want? I bet even mr nasty pants makes mistakes! :)

Jami said...

This would totally have ruined my day. I fret for days if I think someone is mad at me, even people I don't even know. Be careful, hope Paul can deal with him.

Jill said...

I absolutely hate conflict. I can't imagine experiencing someone so blatantly rude. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. David would be livid. . .as I'm sure Paul is! ;)