Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our weekend.

Our last weekend before school starts has now come and gone. Someone really needs to invent a time machine, I would sooooo buy one.

Friday was kind of a bust, because I basically sat around in the fetal position after my incident with Mr. meanie pants. I know what you're thinking.....she's the one I want on my side in case of a fight, because she's tough. Yep, that's me. Tough.

Anyways, by Saturday I had quit sucking my thumb, and it was time to go watch our big man!!!


Pierce graduated out of Little Dragons after his last testing. Since moving into the Junior program it has been a lot tougher!! One day he said to me, "mom this is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life!" :)
He tested Saturday to become a yellow belt, and he did really great!! So proud of our little man!
Look at the boy he was up against! A lot bigger than he is, but he held his own. We'll find out this week if he's moving up again.
Since Paul had been out of town most of the week he said he was going to go work at the office for a while on Saturday. Kids are never happy when he does this, cause they always want to be with him. So we decided to tag along!!

You know when you are married to a blogger, you are always at risk of being photographed. Am I right bloggers?? Funny, he doesn't even pay attention to me half the time, as you can see.
So while he was hard at work, I thought I'd let you be nosey and see what's in his office. His lovely bride :)
The babes :)
Award and certificates. Proof he actually knows what he's doing.
Brace yourself.....

Oh yes he did.
Soooooo, after I made myself useful taking pictures. I decided I would really help out.
He got annoyed and put me to work. Hmpf.

I had to clean the boards and even write on the board!!!! I kind of had flashback to school.
But I was sure to leave a reminder of myself for the Monday morning meeting. (Please note a new nickname that has been born. Of course he's Rico, because of his 'riconess' but now he's also schmoopie. He really appreciates this one, and the fact that all his firefighter buddies now call his schmoopie.)
Today we went to church of course, but after church it was time for Pierce's open house and find out who his teacher is going to be this year!! I was quite surprised to see his teacher is MUCHO preggo, she's due the first of September. I'm hoping this doesn't cause any problems with the transition, but she said she will be back six weeks after the baby is born.
Tonight our church had a thing that we can meet at our child's school and walk around and pray. Such a great thing to do! And being the committed blogger that I am...

T minus '2 big sleeps' until my boy starts 1st grade. Oh, and more visitors tomorrow!!!

7 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Yes, Daniel is subject to a picture at any time!! Love your pics! :)

Arthur Family said...

Praying for a smooth start! I love your pictures!

Jami said...

Loved the office until the pics of the big bad Patriots mags. Patriots fans are about as bad as your neighbor.

Susie said...

So true about anyone is game for getting a picture taken. Great pictures!!

Jaime Mac said...

1. I know mr nasty pants upset u...but I did laugh about all the fetal positions & thumb sucking references. Poor thing... :(
2. The pics from rico's office are HILARIOUS! My fav was your feet on his desk.
3. In case you dont hear it enough-you crack me up.
4. More visitors?! I can't wait to see who it is!

the lewis gang said...

jami...agreed on the patriots fan thing! damon is really wanting to start jackson in karate. i think we are going to in january. does pierce just love it? jackson is so focused and intense i think he would!

Tracey said...

Haha, so funny!! Love it that Paul made you clean and write on the boards. I can see you rolling your eyes, asking him to keep the kids while you went shopping! :)