Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend!! Ours has been pretty good. Many times I find myself thinking this weekend's going to be boring since we don't have our go to couples, or family to hang with anymore, but it always turns out okay. :-)


Friday night, was little man's award ceremony. Getting his yellow belt in front of the class!!
I've had a couple of you guys ask me about karate, and I say its great. Sometimes it can seem a little more boring for a little person, than say basketball, but it teaches great fundamentals. Pierce really loves it, and I see us sticking with it for quite a while. Oh, and don't mess with him, or he'll go all Jackie Chan on you.
Pierce has practically been begging to either go camping, or "get in the woods." Lord willing, we're going to take him camping in October, but we decided on Saturday to take them on a hike.
One of the first things we did, was take the kids to see a butterfly thingy. I'm sure that's the proper term for it too.
Just thought I'd share with the class. Not sure if this butterfly was committing butterfly murder, or if there was some butterfly shimmy shamming going on. Aren't I awful to take a picture of such an intimate moment? All for my blog people.
So, we looked at old buildings...

And climbed in holes...All the while, this is what I was feeling. Ick. You know, I love God's creation and all, but I'm a city priss of a girl. Me no likey, bugs, snakes, animal poop, creek water, etc., but I do likey my kids, so I forge on!! I'm a real pioneer woman I tell ya!!
The kids decided they needed sticks to walk.
You know kinda like Moses, or Rogers and Clark.
Then Hope decided to get an even bigger stick, and I had a BAD feeling about this, but I was trying not to be a kill joy.
But I was right about that feeling, because the giant stick and Hope's face met up in a not so fun way. From now on, I will stick with being a kill joy.
Poor baby, wanted to be carried most of the way from then on.
But she soon recovered, and then the kids were playing in a crick. I felt like a real life episode of Little House on The Prairie. I wanted to yell out, "Pa, you fetch me a bucket of water, cause I gots to do some washing over here, on my rock!!"
But the best was yet to come, because Pa, I mean Paul, thought I should suffer a heart attack.
Look at this picture!! Enlarge it, if need be. He's JUMPING from one rock to the other. I yelled out, "if you fall and die, I'll kill you!!"
And guess who he wrangled up there with him?? You can't see it can you? But my first born is up there. Those first born's aren't easy to come by, and I want to keep him, I was a nervous wreck!!
Finally my first born was back where he belonged. With his nervous ninny, kill joy of a mom.
One last highlight for the kids, we let them pan for gold. Or maybe fool's gold.
All in all, I would say it was a successful day fulfilling my son's need for the woods!!

Thank goodness for Sunday's! I needed to rest up from my wild pioneer woman ways!! We've been to church, napped, and now just playing games and resting!! Happy weekend indeed!!!

8 comments:

Jill said...

You are so funny! Love the pic of you in the woods and all the Little House on the Prairie stuff. You are a riot! :)

Jaime Mac said...

You make me laugh!!!!! I loved the whole post! Me no likey outdoors either so I sympathize.
Glad you had a tolerable, no death time!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

LOVE IT!!! I love that pic of you in the woods!! HILARIOUS!!!

We'd like to get Sam into Karate. We looked into it last winter but wasn't ready to make the commitment yet. We are planning to look into it again when Flag Football is over.

Tracey said...

Yay Pierce!! Way to go (karate...not climbing rocks!)

Way to get out there and be at one with nature for your kids! Oy. Hilarious pic of you. And I would kill Paul too if he died. ;)

Jami said...

This is one of your best blogs ever! You might need to get used to things like this, your first born is is just like is Daddy! At least there is still Hope.

Susie said...

Don't blame you on the outdoors in the woods.Don't like it either. Sorry to see Hope get hurt!!

Brittany said...

"you know, like Moses!"

Hello - couldn't stop laughing! You make my night withe these posts!!

You girly, girl - we need to go get pedicures after that adventure!

Arthur Family said...

Go Pierce! That is awesome! You are such a great mom for sacrificing for your children!