Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekend.

Time to give my weekend update!! First of all, I have to say I have been GLUED to my phone today (I know this isn't anything unusual) but it feels different today. With Tracey's brother and Jaime's brother both competing in the IronMan today, I've been on pins and needles! I just know how hard Travis has trained for the last year, and how badly he wanted to finish it. I wish I could have been there to share in the excitement with everyone :-)


I have a had a stinkin' head cold all weekend, it started around Wednesday but by Thursday night it was full on. At Bible study Thursday night, every time I would bow my head to pray or read my Bible, snot would just run out. Lovely. So, Friday I was just a sad mess, and we didn't do a darn thing.



I was super excited to get a special package in the mail on Friday. HA! Thanks Tracey for my Eclipse trading cards and candy!! :-)

THIS is about as exciting as we got on Friday night.
However, check this out. My husband fought this fire on Friday almost all day. Okay, there were about 20 firefighters there, but I like to think he was the one who got it all out ;) Isn't this a cool picture? He's actually the one in front holding the hose.
So, on Saturday he did a lot of this to recover. That thing laying on him is Hope's 'blankey' I guess she thought he needed it. Sweetness.
We had a first for us as parents on Saturday. Paul took Pierce to karate on Saturday morning, and Pierce heard the instructors talking about, "parents night out" that would be happening that evening. Parents could pay to drop off their child for a few hours, they would play games, eat pizza, watch movies, etc. I guess Pierce thought it sounded fun, so he started pleading with his daddy to go, and then they called me....

"Mommy, there is a parents night out tonight at karate, and I would like to go. My friends will be there, and I get to play dodge ball and stuff. I never do anything except go to karate, and I would really like to go, pleeeeease"


Paul and I discussed it and decided we would let him do it. It was strange to let him go do something like this, you know? It was all of his own volition, and he just seemed older. He was excited!!!

Right away a little boy came up to him and said, "come on!!"And with that he was gone! No, bye mommy I love you, or nothing. Just ready to be a big boy with his friends. *tear*

So the three of us just hung out. We ate pizza and watched a princess movie, and it was fun having that time with just Hope. When Pierce got home he said he had fun, and next time he hoped he could stay until 10!! Tonight I went with the ladies of our small group to see 'the Help' and then out to dinner. This was the best movie I've seen in a looooooong time. If you have the chance to see it, GO. I could have seriously broken into the ugly, shake my shoulders up and down cry, but didn't want to come across as a nut job to these women. So I kept it to the dab my eyes in the corner cry. Seriously, great movie.
I had a picture taken of the group of us, but it didn't turn out. There were about 14 of us, and I was glad I went. Every time I go and do, I begin to feel less and less like the odd man out.


And I gotta end with this!! What an exciting day, and I know at least two of my blogging friends will be doing awesome posts all about this. :-) Happy Weekend!!!

7 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

tear for growing up!! love the one on one time though!! That's cool about the fire. When Daniel was a volunteer, it would freak me out but it made me proud too!

Jaime Mac said...

That IS a cool pic of the fire fighting Rico.
I'm glad Pierce is making friends & wanting to do extra activities!
Thanks for all the happy thoughts from BG for the ironpeeps.
Yes...a post will be forthcoming...sometime! :)

Jami said...

I got the same package :). Sounds like a great weekend! Can't believe Pierce is so "see ya later Mommy". I bet Hope was loving that one on one time. Good for you for going out with friends. Love ya!

Jill said...

Aw, we have had some cold crud going around at our place, too. I feel for ya! That's awesome about Paul and the fire. And I LOVE the care package. Going to see The Help with friends next week. Can't wait!

Tracey said...

Cute pics of Pierce running off. Tear. :( Okay, the pic of Paul fighting the fire is pretty incredible. I know you are proud of him and he has found something he loves to do!!! I think it is incredible. And, I love that you texted me all day long to find out Travis' status in the IMKY. It was neat to have friends on the outside rooting for him and praying when he needed it most.

Brittany said...

Girls day out was FUN!! :) And we already think you are a nut job - so it wouldn't have matter w/ the ugly cry. J/K! It was the BEST movie!

And I love that you had time with sweet Hopey....

Brittany said...

ANd GO PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!