Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What's happenin'??

'What's happening?' Anyone other than me remember that show?? Had 're-run' on it, and he did that goofy dance, that you always see people doing now? I think it was on in the 70's, and seeing as I'm getting up there in the years, I DO remember that show.

Anyways, thought I'd just share what's shaking here in BG.



I have been volunteering in Pierce's classroom. They usually have me ripping out pages and making stacks, a little monotonous, but glad I can help. It's cute to watch Pierce in his environment, even though it's *really* hard not to go all mom in that situation. My brain says, "Tell him to turn around. Tell him to speak up. Tell him to raise his hand. Tell him to come kiss his momma." However, I squash all that, so Pierce doesn't beg his teacher to kick me out. :)
This has been our reader this week, and had to show you Memaw and Grandpa, we always got a kick out of reading it. :)
I took the kids to the dentist, and happy to report no cavities!!
However, this threw me for a loop. The dentist was talking to me, telling me about a few things about Pierce's teeth and mouth and then says "we'll refer him for an ortho consult in 12-18 months" DO WHAT? In 12-18 months and orthodontist consult? Pierce will be 7 years old! Back the orthodontist truck up please, since when do CHILDREN need to see the orthodontist? Anyone else heard of this?
Paul will be getting home tonight from New Orleans. He left Monday and *says* he's been there for work. Suuuuuure, workin' Bourbon Street maybe!!! Who says he comes home with beads??? ;)

7 comments:

Jami said...

That does seem early, we've already been warned about Cooper, that's always fun at age 2.

Susie said...

Yeah I heard about the ortho appointments coming earlier and earlier that is crazy. They don't even have all there permanent teeth in by then. Both of my kids had them but they weren't suggested till they were older.

melanie said...

look at you doingall the right mommy things. volunteering and going to the dentist. Did you ever picture yourselfat this point? :)

I can't imagine seeing corbin in class. They just grow up too fast.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

that's fun!! teachers so appreciate that stuff though!! i LOVE when parents come in to helP!!!

Brittany said...

Crazy about the braces suggestion. BLake had them TWICE, once really young and then again in college. His 2nd ortho said it was too young the first time. But I have heard of it being more of a trend now.

Karen's little boy has them and he's only in 2nd grade!

Jaime Mac said...

I'm glad you can turn the mommy 'off' for a minute just to be a happy helper! :)
I don't remember my age, but I started the process of getting braces in 5th grade. I wouldn't worry about it yet, a whole lotta changes could happen in 18 months. I think people like to jump prematurely onto the 'orthodontic bus'.
Of course, Rico will come back with beads. Work schmurk! :)
(funny post as always... Do you get tired of hearing that?!)

Jill said...

Haha! Love the readers pic. I think my students read that one! ;) I had braces on in 5th grade. Night gear in third grade. I think they start them earlier now! New Orleans sounds FUN!