Thursday, November 17, 2011

37.

Thirty seven.
3-7.

Holy cow, I am now 37.

I totally get that age is relative, and in 10 years I will look back at 37, and say WOW I was young then. However, in the here and now, I cannot believe that I'm 37. You know the soul doesn't age, and I only feel like a kid. A kid that just happens to have a husband, two kids, gray hair, and some crow lines. I can now say that I'm on the downhill slide and my hands are up, 40 I'm a comin' for ya.

Okay, so let me tell you about my day.

The kids were sweet and itching to give me my gifts early. McDonald's gift cards! PERFECT.
And lots of pictures they colored for me.


Such thoughtful sweet kids.


Pam also made me a giant cookie, with dark chocolate icing. YUM!




Then we got all gussied up and were ready to hit the big city for a date.




And literally the minute we were about to leave, TWO special packages came for me!!!




'Gifts from home'






Tracey sent me this awesome INDIANAPOLIS COLTS shirt, which Paul refused to take a picture of. Ha! And some yummy red hots from Schimpff's.




And Jami, you got me all teared up! I know you've always told me that Isaiah 40:31 reminds you of Paul and I. So when I saw this and what you wrote, I blubbered like the blubbering buffoon I am.


I so appreciate you girls and thinking of sending me gifts here, it really was very sweet :-)






So, Paul took me into Grand Rapids, which is like an hour away and kept our destination a secret.




I love Italian, and I love big old houses. Tonight I got both!! This place was fab-u-lous! And to boot? It was snowing while we were there eating, I was in heaven.



It's been a great day, and I'm so grateful for so many things! Birthday's always make me reflect on my blessings, and just how much I like being alive! HA! In all seriousness, thank you Lord for this life you gave me.


Goodbye 36, you were a good year, but I'm moving on.



























8 comments:

Jami said...

1. Has Pierce wore that outfit everyday?
2. Love it that you got McDonald's gift cards.
3. Do you have on a pink camo jacket and giant earings?
4. That house looks beautiful!
5. Glad you had a good day! Happy Happy Birthday!

ginmommy said...

Jami,
1) Yes.
2) Me too!
3) Yes.
4) It was.
5) Thanks James!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

What a great day!! Love the presents! Love the dinner date!! That is great!! I am with you though. My soul still feels so young! Sometimes, I just think "Umm, I have 3 kids!" Like I don't believe it or something! Happy birthday! :)

Susie said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad it was special for you!! What great friends to send you the gifts there!!

Tracey said...

So sweet that the kids help with your addiction! <3

Paul...such the romantic! Love it!!!

Wear your shirt with pride! (Even when we are going thru a bad season...)

Next year, maybe Paul will take Jami and me up on the idea of dropping you off in Indiana on the way!!

Jaime Mac said...

What a fabulous post! I'm so glad you had a great day with your fam!
Your bff's make me jealous that they are soooo sweet to you! What a nice surprise they gave you!
Great job, bff's! :)

Arthur Family said...

Awww! 37 is the new 27!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Gretchen! What a great way to celebrate!!!