Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The rest of our visit, and meeting BETH.

Sorry Jami, but I will be doing some combining on this post. I simply don't have the patience to break up all of these. :)

Between lots of play. (Which one looks outta place?)
And time spent with grandparents.
I managed to squeeze in a few more things to do, while in the promised land.

Made a trip up to Salem to do a little shopping and have lunch with Aunt Linda.
Good griefness, even my mother is sucked into the electronic devices.
We also got to see Cody play a game. We were rooting for those Borden Braves!
There he is, #34, he's a really good ballplayer.
It was a fun game, and Pierce really got into it this time. We had a lot of fun!
Why is Cody taller than me? Why does he have facial hair? Why do all the girls text him and scream for him? Could somebody tell me where Cody bear went, because this is ridonkulous.
AND I also got to see my girlie's AGAIN on a lunch date. And this is where I met someone I've been stalking for years!!

There I was sitting in my booth, chowing down, when lo and behold I see a child and a man in the corner of my eye, that I recognized in a second.

Let me back up, I've been reading Beth's blog for as long as I've been blogging, but I was always a secret lurker. Tracey knew Beth from college days, and I just thought she had a funny/interesting blog. So, imagine my HORROR when one day she went private, and I could no longer read it! Geesh. Thankfully, one day Tracey outted me to Beth and she invited me to read it, and come to find out she was reading mine as well. God bless blogs.

Anyways, so here comes Josh and Isabella, and I am not kidding you all, I wanted to scream, "LOOK IT'S ISABELLA AND JOSH!!" It was hard to contain myself, but I did. Jami also knows Beth, so I was the odd man out, but I was like "I wanna go meet them!" And I even got all nervous feeling, ha!! Beth and her accompanying family were just as sweet in person as I had always imagined and I think I held it together, even though I really wanted to start snapping pictures. HA! It was so nice to put a whole family with the faces!! :-)

Even though I didn't create a scene taking pictures with Beth and the gang, I made us girlie's document just one more time.

Take #1.
Take #2.
And success.
Great Thanksgiving weekend I would say. Now the countdown is on for another trip, but I will let everyone in on that maybe tomorrow....

8 comments:

Jami said...

You finished, Yipee!!! Love that we all are wearing our matchign clothes. Cna't wait to hear about your next trip and selfishly looking even more forward to the one afte rthat.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I love it when I see people out that I read about. We were in chick-fil-a on Friday and my mom said, "Don't you follow their blog?" I said, "Yup!" I used to teach with this man's wife. I think he thought I was crazy though!

Jill said...

Aww, looks like a great trip. I so thought you were talking about Beth Moore. LOL! {Although I'm sure the other Beth is as equally cool and famous!} :)

Susie said...

Glad that you got to meet Beth Spencer. Their family is great known them for awhile!!

Jaime Mac said...

Cute post! I can't believe you were in Salem. I'm only about 30 min from there. (That's close for the country, ya know?)

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

I don't know the Jill who commented.. but I LIKE her :-)

Love your recap and next time we should plan a little coffee meetup!

PS - Josh had warned me that Tracey and Jami were over there and I just KNEW you had to be there too. I was going through picking broccoli out of my teeth and making sure the kids looked presentable. Shew - glad it worked and we made a good impression :-)

Tracey said...

Cody is such a cities pie!!! ;)

Sooo funny that you had a mini stroke over seeing Isabella! I love when stuff like that happens. Remember when we were at Chiller's and Megan's mom came up to us?? :)

Love our outtakes!

Tracey said...

That is supposed to say cutie. Darn auto correct.