Tuesday, November 15, 2011

You hunt. I'll relax.

Seriously, this picture scares me. And it just happens to be my husband. My husband looks like he could be the plot of a horror movie, "Deer killers who come after you, part 1"
This morning started with the two great hunters headed out to do their thing bright and early. After Pam and I drank our coffee and Pierce and I did his homework for the day, we went to decorating their Christmas tree. Fun!





Hope and I decided to stay in our pajamas and be laid back about the whole thing.









But Pierce had to be ready for the call. So, he decorated in his camo gear waiting anxiously to hear from his dad.







Oh, and check out this little cutie at 9 years old. Far cry from the mass deer killer in the first picture. :)






And then it happened, Pierce got the call that his dad was coming to pick him up. He was super excited! This was a first for him, the chance to go help get the deer out of the field with his dad.





**If dead deer bother you, here is your warning to quit reading!!!!***



Is my son really holding up a dead deer? Oh yes, he is.








You know I don't 'get' the whole hunting thing. However, being married to a hunter and loving his family who loves hunting, I appreciate it more than I did. I'm happy for Paul and his dad that they've already had success, this means meat for the families for the winter.









And I think I have an ally in the whole 'we don't like hunting' thing, and that would be Hopie. She did agree to get her picture taken for a brief second though.








The men head back out in the morning, hoping for more success.









While Hopie and I will probably be doing more of the same. Snuggling, watching movies, gaining 45 pounds each, and of course....









Snuggling by the tree. Not gonna lie, I'm enjoying all this relaxing!!
































5 comments:

Jami said...

Boy that picture looks like Pierce. I do have to admit I had an "awwww" moment when I saw the deer. But like you said, momma's gotta eat. And I'm totally jealous of all that relaxing you are doing.

Susie said...

Good to see that you get to do some relaxing. I am happy for Pierce with the deer!!

Tracey said...

I'm not quite sure I have the words for the pic with Pierce and the dead deer. How sweet??!! ;)

Glad you are enjoying yourselves and I will now have nightmares about Paul murdering my family, thanks!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I come from a family of hunters too. I should blog about Daniel hunting with my dad and brothers while we were dating. He's not a hunter. He would just go out to suck up to my dad and sleep in his deer stand!! ha ha ha! My dad or brothers would say "hey, did you not see that deer? It came right past your stand." Daniel would have to make up some story about how he just didn't see it!! Kind of hard when your eyes are shut! ha!

Jaime Mac said...

That picture of Rico looks JUST LIKE Pierce!
UHM, I have 952 pictures of B-rad with dead things. Deer, geese, turkeys. It IS kinda gross, but people gotta eat.
Glad everyone is having a good time! LOVING your updates!