Sunday, November 6, 2011

Our Tree. Our Fire Dept. Our Michigan.

Our weekend has been busy! We have had lots to do, and with an impending trip in less than a week, it's just getting crazy. Anyone have a Xanax I can borrow?

I'm about to make some eyes roll, and people shake their heads (Jaime and April) because we put our Christmas tree up this weekend. We've always been early tree puter uperers, but this is even a little early for us. Normally, we would wait another week or so, but in the month of November we will be gone for 12 days and in the month of December I think 10 days. Seeing as how much I heart my tree, I wanted to go ahead and do it now, and not later. Don't judge me people.


The kids were SUPER excited to get it up, and to help me decorate.
Sometimes it's a little stressful to have 4 extra 'helping' hands in the process, but it's worth it.
I even let some of my control issues go, and let them put ornaments where they wanted. :)
Last night, I just sat in the dark and enjoyed my tree, and was so glad we went ahead and did it. It makes me happy. :)))
Yesterday was also a big day for our Fire Department. It was an open house/meeting/fund raiser thingy, that they have been planning for MONTHS. Lots of hard work went into this event, and we were all praying it was a success.
Rico was in charge of selling the popcorn. Doesn't he looked thrilled over there?
They let the kids take turns trying out the water hose thingy.
Hope would only do it if her daddy helped her. :)


And I had the opportunity to meet Paul's second wife.
I heard all night, "Hey Gretchen, you met Paul's other woman yet?" "Gretchen, did you meet the other wife?" Apparently, Paul's quite enamored with this truck right here, and everyone knows it. Paul was so excited for me to sit in it, and turn on the sirens it was ridiculous. I guess I can kinda understand though. It's like when I made him watch Twilight with me one night, I was giddy, and thought he might love it like I do, but he was bored. So, this is kinda like his Edward.
Seriously, the kids just love it out here. It's just like a kids paradise!
And they even had entertainment for the adults. This guy sang for us, and he was really good!
It was an all you can eat spaghetti dinner, and Hope LOVES her some spaghetti. I think this was plate number 2. :)
The best part of the night for me though, was seeing Paul so happy to be doing something like this.
It means so much to him to be able to help others.
And I love that about him. Overall, I would say it was a very successful night for the Barren River Fire Department.
Of course we went to church this morning, and of course I had to get a picture. I wear these kids out with pictures. :)
And lastly, we are in full countdown mode to getting to our Michigan. We have not been there in 2 years, and we are all itching to go.

My hunter is psyched to kill and gut and howl at the moon, declaring his manliness.
I am hunter, hear me roar.

7 comments:

April said...

I opened your blog and said to my hubby, "oh my gosh, Gretchen has already put up her Christmas tree!" LOL! Hey, whatever makes you happy, girl. :)

Susie said...

I don't see anything wrong with the tree of early!! I love my tree but it is just to much with the girls around to put up to early. Glad to see that Paul loves the fire department.

Jaime Mac said...

Yes I think you're ca-razy... But i do see the method in your madness. You are forgiven.
Looks like you had a busy weekend! Good job to Rico's fire dept!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Looks like a fun weekend to me! It's a little early for me but I understand you wanting to get it up since you are going to be gone! Enjoy it! :)

Jami said...

I love it that you put your Christmas tree up early. I may start with some decorations this weekend but I am afraid to put up the tree, I have some curious little hands this year.

Jill said...

Your tree is BEAUTIFUL! I am jealous! Love the compare to Edward with the truck. Haha! When I make Dave watch the movies with me, I know he feels the exact same way!

Tracey said...

Your tree looks beautiful!! I love the pic of the kids before church. Too cute!
Okay, so I like Paul a little bit more again seeing him interacting with the kids at the fire department. Too cute!!