Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A drop in or 2 or maybe 3

So, being the new girl (how long am I considered a new girl anyways? What's the time limit?) I don't have many people just drop in, you know when someone unexpectedly shows up. Okay, I've never had a drop in here. 

That is until recently.

Not going to lie either. ANYTIME someone just shows up, I always start scrambling in my brain. Oh crap, is the house picked up? Are my underwear lying on the floor? I sure hope it doesn't smell in here. Hope go get dressed, NOW! You know, the usual. With that said though, it's nice to have a drop in, because it means someone likes you enough to just show up. So, I swallow it all, and hope the underwear doesn't scare them away forever.



And Hope especially enjoys a drop in that includes children! 
 Brittany dropped by last week to bring me something, and the kids had a good ol' time eating snacks and doing a little playing.
 You know, hiding behind the couch.
 AND standing in my shower. HA!!! Which btw, am I the only one who showers with a giraffe next to my razor?
 Or maybe, just a little outside playtime, on another random drop in!
 And today, my drop in brought my little sickie, a toy to play with. Sweet!
Thanks Brittany for the drop ins. I had almost forgot what they were like :)))

5 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

UHM to me there is NOTHING worse than hearing the doorbell ring & wondering (out loud) WHO IS HEREEEEEE?! I immediately start the dance of the bumblebee picking up stuff around the house!
Glad Hope's feeling better!

Jami said...

I love visitors and random drop ins. I never do it cause I'm afraid the other person doesn't want me there. I crave that interaction though.

Brittany said...

Awwwwwwwwww............so sweet!


In my defense, I always call first:))))) So, I give her at least a few minutes to scrabble!!

Love dropping in - and I just love that I love you so much! (lots of love in that sentence)

So, it's your turn -- call and drop in ANYTIME:)) and I promise, I'll be the one wondering if my underwear is in the floor too!

Amanda Brady said...

You have nice friends....I stay far far away when there are sickies in the house. My poor friends are on their own.

Angie said...

Aww..I love random visitors!! Well, depending on who those visitors are LOL
Cute pics of the kiddos :)