Wednesday, February 8, 2012

This time next year.....

When you become a mom, the words "play date" become a regular part of your vocabulary.  Diapers, colic, sleep, solids, discipline, nap time, and PLAY DATE, just become the norm. 

And I was taking Hope on yet another play date today, it dawned on me all of a sudden....
 This time next year, she will be in school day long....
 All these years of play dates during the day, are slowly coming to an end....
 Then I became weepy, and thought I might need a barf bag.....
 Because as hard as I try to hold onto these exhaustive, yet precious days....
 They slip away.....
 And then they are just a memory.....
This time next year, can come slowly if it pleases......because I'm not ready.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm SO with you girl. Treasure my days with my Sydney too. Not ready!!!

Brittany said...

Oh my word!!! Could that child be any more beautiful!??!? Seriously,,,,made me want to cry!

Susie said...

I know what you mean they do grow up so fast. It does make me sad too with my children and now with the grandchildren.

Angie said...

They do grow up too quickly! My oldest is 13 and I swear it seems like no time ago I was taking her on play dates. Now she wants real dates (which btw NOT HAPPENING).

Jami said...

Why does the past 4 1/2 years seem to have flew by? As good as a day to myself sounds I'm not ready for it to be everyday.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That is very sad to think about! Tear.....

Arthur Family said...

Dang it! You always make me cry! It is a good reminder of why we need live in the moment with our children because they grow up so fast.

Tracey said...

Those pictures of Hope make me sad. :(

Jaime Mac said...

OK, I'm going against the norm (shocker) & saying, "SUCK.IT.UP!" momma!
Just think... all day... home... alone...by yourself...to dance whilst dusting...to NAP... to have hours to YOURSELF un-interrupted. Oh, it makes me giddy for you!

:)

ginmommy said...

Jaime, I've got a real shocker....as much as I love myself, and alone time, to dance whilst dusting...I love my kids more! I know, crazy, right?! ;-)

Jill said...

This makes me sad. Love the old pics!