Sunday, February 26, 2012

This weekend was ALL about togetherness. At least for some.

Between sickness, and a drop in the temperature, I feel as though there has been a LOT of togetherness lately. I think we are all starting to look forward to the change that summer will bring. 



Like I said, LOTS of game playing

And working on our ABC's and 123's                    

 And countless hands of UNO. 



And girly time, painting toes.

 And when I couldn't play another game, I declared to Pierce that we HAD to clean out his closet. It's ridiculous! 
 You want to know the sure fire way to get your kids to play with their toys? Just simply tell them, "If you do not start playing with your toys more, I'm giving them away. And this isn't just a mom ploy, I ain't playin' son!"  Well, guess who's been playing diligently the rest of the weekend? 

And where has daddy been during all this togetherness?  

 In the midst of God's country

 With his best friends

 And I would imagine channeling his inner boy, and acting very immature

 See it even snowed a little while they were out there. Can you imagine? Ugh.

But he loves it!


The father of my children, right here. 


And while he's away, I hate it, because I can't sleep at all. You know just in case the glass cutting, kid snatching man, crawls in the house at night. :/ But thankfully, daddy is back and all is well again!!  

5 comments:

Jami said...

I know what you mean about togetherness, I felt like we were quarratined this weekend. If steve ever had to go out of town the worst part would be me not sleeping.

Arthur Family said...

We had to togetherness due to three of them being sick, I feel ya! Awesome pics of Paul's trip!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I am the same way about all those toys! I give them that line all the time and they start playing! ha ha!

Jaime Mac said...

That outdoor stuff is for the birds! Glad hope is feeling better!

Tracey said...

I love that you threaten to throw toys away. I do the exact same thing! :)

So glad Paul got to be with his boys this weekend. Sounds miserable. Cold, eating weird food on the trail, sleeping in tents...gag. I'm glad he is home safe!