Sunday, February 12, 2012

Our weekend began with a missing tooth, and ended in the pukes

When I picked up Pierce from school on Friday, I quickly noticed that he had lost a tooth that day.

Me: "Pierce, you lost a tooth!!"

Pierce: "No, I didn't"

Me: "Uh, yeah you did"

Pierce: "No, I didn't"

(riveting)

Me: "Yes, you did!! Look in the mirror"

Pierce after looking: "Wow, I did. I don't even know when it happened"

Me: "Well, I guess you swallowed it, just like your first tooth you lost. That's too bad, because we don't have anything to leave the tooth fairy."

Pierce: "Mom, I know it's you, just give me the cash, ok?"

WELL, ALL RIGHTY THEN.


So, here he is. Strategically posed in front of his 100%, spelling test! And little munchins head too.

 I gotta tell you, it's bizarre to watch your child get their adult teeth. Dare I say? Braces in the future?


******

Weekend was going well. We went and watched the movie Courageous Friday night, very good BTW, and just planning a laid back Saturday and Sunday. 

Then at 2 a.m. I heard that infamous cry that all moms know

"Mooooommmmyyyyyyy"

UGH. And so it began.


 So, our laid back weekend, has turned out to be VERY laid back. Other than bleach and carpet patrol.

Poor baby
 Hope and I have worked on her Valentines for her class.

 We've played games.
And put together puzzles.
 And looked at lots of Pokemon cards!
 And now I'm starting to see some signs of life to emerge.
And now we wait.....will anyone else get the dreaded pukes? BUM....BUM.....BUM

8 comments:

Jami said...

Poor guy! You know it's bad when a child is actually in bed. I can't believe he has adult teeth!

Susie said...

Poor Pierce!! I hope he feels better soon and no one else gets it!!

Jessica said...

Sorry girl :(

Hate the stomach bug! Feel better soon!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That stinks and I hate that wait too! I hope NO ONE else gets it!

Jaime Mac said...

Poor pierce! :( (love that he just wants the cash!)

Tracey said...

I'm glad he seems better. The pukies are the worst!! :( I am keeping my fingers crossed that no one else gets it... ;)

Jill said...

Poor thing! I think it's all going around. Hope noone else gets it!

Angie said...

How funny he didn't know he lost his tooth! My daughter tells me all the time I'm the tooth fairy or Santa. She ruins all my fun!

Glad your little guy is feeling some better. Here's hoping no one else gets it.